- + Follow
industrial designer / design manager
*Accomplished 11 years in Design Experience of which 5 years are in Design Management.
*Passionate design thinker who has used design to reach specific strategic purposes linked to brand and innovation strategies and also to answer the demands of the context in which I have operated so far.
*Co-creator of Trexta Brand (www.trexta.com ) which has proved itself as a trendsetter and inspiring one among its competitors. It is perceived as highest quality, best experience brand within end users.
*Co-creator of BEON Brand (www.beoncase.com) which is a lifestyle brand that is appreciated for having a strong brand ID and comprehensive product line.
*Appreciated solution provider for 45+ worldwide customers including Nokia, Blackberry, Leica, Google, Bose, Kodak, Canon, Amazon, Vertu to find ways to innovate and to find the right solution.
*Recognized as an expert by both customers and manufacturers in implementing brand values into consistent product lines while taking manufacturability issues and end user expectations into account.
*Respected hands on leader who inspires, empowers and encourages large and multidisciplinary teams from concept generation to finished product.
Leica DLux3 Camera Case
iphone rotating folio case
ipad rotating folio case
HEAD OF DESIGN 2012-…, Istanbul BEON
• Leading, planning and reporting all new product development projects from brief preparation to mass production.
• Preparing Product Roadmap and engaging all related teams around it.
• Creating a comprehensive accessories line focused on flagship IOS and Android devices. Line including: cables, screen protectors, plastic cases, leather and non leather cases, computer bags, chargers, headphones.
• Creating and developing packaging concepts.
• Leading all published material projects including website, digital and printed marketing materials
• Leading trade show projects from application to booth design, shipment, set up and tear down.
• Being in direct contact with manufacturers and following up closely all stages of product development until shipment. Traveling to Far East every two months.
DESIGN DEPARTMENT MANAGER / LEAD INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER 2010-2012, Istanbul TrextaTR
(In addition to Senior Designer responsibilities)
• Leading multinational team of 9 designers and 2 personnel from concept development to completion.
• Defining and initiating strategic vision and goals of the design project.
• Encouraging research efforts and fostering awareness of design and relevant market trends.
• Generating an environment of sharing. (Observations, ideas, experience, discovery and knowledge.)
• Leading and participating in team-based ideation sessions.
• Supporting fellow staff members to accomplish technical and organizational challenges.
• Engaging key stakeholders around concepts and design activities.
• Managing 40+ projects per week and workload fluctuation while maintaining the balance of work schedule, team makeup and team’s concentration and enthusiasm.
• Grooming new project leaders.
• Travelling abroad 30+ times a year; working with manufacturers and meeting with customers
SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER 2008-2010, Istanbul TrextaTR
• Setting up design teams and assigning project briefs in order to communicate all aspects of defined project is covered and understood within the team, roles and goals are clear.
• Closely monitoring design and sample development process in order to make sure that outcome and overall workflow is fulfilling brief requirements and PD procedure respectively.
• Working closely with novice designers in order to help them gain industry expertise.
• Being in direct contact with customers’ management and design teams.
• Taking roll on the establishment of Trexta Brand for defining brand attributes.
• Working with Trexta Brand Management and Sales Teams and translating market input into design tasks and goals and communicating them within team through design briefs.
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER 2003-2008, Istanbul, San Diego TrextaTR, Trexta INC
• Conceptualization of all kinds of carrying and protecting accessories for major players in consumer electronics industry such as Nokia, Blackberry, Motorola, Canon, Leica, Kodak, Dell, TomTom, Bose.
• Visually communicating all aspects of design idea both with members of PD Team and business partners.
• Working closely with production and engineering teams and transforming conceptual ideas into feasible-to-manufacture prototypes while considering cost restrictions.
• Evaluating all related test results such as material and finished good tests, usability tests, as well as market feedback and revision requests, then take necessary actions to make improvements.
• Making research of market, user expectations, relevant trends, production techniques and competition.
• Supporting Global Sourcing Team to broaden material library.
DESIGN CONSULTANT 2002-2004, Istanbul Freelance
• Corporate ID design for Meridian Ice restaurant and bar.
• Corporate ID design for AD Mimarlik architecture office.
• House hold items design for Bun Design design company.
• Corparate ID design for Ozen Tekstil textile manufacturer.
• Exhibition stand design for Ozlem Suer fashion designer.
• Necklace design as a Christmas gift for their readers for AD design magazine.