- + Follow
Photo Editor / producer / photographer
New York, NY
Looking for a dynamic company to collaborate with on photo based projects that inspire the soul and push our abilities, using the power of the still image, and multi media. I love a creative challenge and want work with others who appreciate both organization and improvisation, with dedication to smart and hip advertorial/editorial work for print and web.
Fashion and Beauty
People who inspire
1274 First Ave. #8 •
New York, New York 10065 •
(773) 344-0703 • firstname.lastname@example.org
MKE / Journal Sentinel (Milwaukee, WI) | Photo Producer / Staff Photographer | 2004—Present
- Create visual image for a weekly culture and lifestyle publication published by one of Milwaukee’s leading newspapers.
- Set image standards for the publication according to editorial and branding guidelines.
- Design weekly covers and all internally-generated interior photos; personally shoot the majority of the book’s photographic content, with an emphasis on portraiture of ordinary people, professional models, and
hip celebrities such as Sarah Price, Wafaa Bilal, Little Friends of Printmaking, Dan the Automator, Faythe Levine, Paul Amitai, among many others.
- Extensively involved in photo manipulation and photo illustration; collaborate closely with design and editorial department on issue conceptualization.
- Produce studio and on-location photo shoots; handle all shoot logistics; scout locations; hire and direct talent, crew and models.
- Supervise the photography for book’s pre-press process in a highly deadline-driven environment.
- Team-edit all stock photo imagery to accompany editorial.
- Art direct and manage up to 15 freelancers; review submissions; mentor newcomers; and photo edit submitted work.
- Perform editorial research to pitch photo-based features, stories, profiles and sidebars.
- Produce slideshows and video shorts for MKE’s website; regular contributor to MKE’s fashion-, entertainment-, and event-oriented blogs.
- Frequently judge local photography competitions; served as a guest speaker at local colleges and universities.
Freelance Photographer (Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI) | 1996—Present
- Specialize in distinctive environmental portraiture designed to convey narrative through imagery.
- Strong retouch, manipulation and photo illustration skills.
- Photograph themes in fashion and music; capture musicians, actors, writers, artists and designers like the White Stripes, Justin Hampton, Niagara, Blonde Redhead Frank Kozik, Death Cab for Cutie, among others.
- Clients include The Stranger, Chicago Reader, Roq la Rue Gallery, Portland Mercury, Resonance Magazine, Rolling Stone (Germany), Bebe Magazine (Paris), San Francisco Bay Guardian, Seattle Magazine, Seattle
Weekly, XLR8R, Urb, Juxtapoz Magazine, Vision Magazine (China), Milwaukee Art Museum, Subpop Records, Barsuk Records, Zombie Virtual Reality Games, among others.
- Photographic work featured in over 40 group exhibitions across the country.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) | 2001—2004
Photo Editor / Print Designer | 2003—2004
Print Technician | 2001—2004
- On the design team for laying out text and images for F News, the monthly newspaper of the oldest art school in the United States.
- Researched new photographic talent; matched visuals to accompany editorial.
- Provided technical assistance to artists in producing large-format prints.
Ivey-Seright (Seattle, WA) | Custom Printer | 1997—2001
- Delivered analog custom printing services to photographers at a reputable print house; highly technical
orientation focused on large- and small-format printing, large-batch processing and print chemistry.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) | BFA in Arts Studio/Photographic Studies | 2004
- Recipient of the Ike and Florence Sewell Scholarship; the Presidential Award; the Student Leadership Award; the Merit Scholarship; and the Merit Incentive Scholarship.
Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) | AA in Cultural Anthropology | 1998
Technical: PC and Mac proficient; MS Office; PhotoShop CS2; Illustrator; InDesign; Bridge; Quark Xpress; Acrobat; FileMaker Pro; ImageReady; Merlin 4PPC; Photo Mechanic; Imacon Flextight; Final Cut Pro, Avid; Director; Sound Edit; Pro Tools; Dreamweaver; HTML; Flash; and working knowledge of basic sound equipment.
Photography: Experience with digital and traditional film camera equipment; specialist in studio and conceptual photography in both color and black & white; highly familiar with studio lighting; specialize in photo manipulation; expert in both digital and traditional darkrooms; strong working knowledge of digital and analog photo printing techniques and equipment.
Milwaukee Press Club
Wisconsin News Photographers Association
Media Workers of America
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Best newspaper one page design Newspaper Guild 2007/2006.
Recipient of the Ike and Florence Sewell Scholarship; the Presidential Award; the Student Leadership Award; the Merit Scholarship; and the Merit Incentive Scholarship.