- + Follow
Diverse hands-on experience and accomplishments in art direction, design, and photography for 12 years – Effectively directed and designed cutting-edge projects from conception to production within consumer and B to B; provide ongoing creative and operational support to all levels of staff and clients.
I am highly organized and proficient at directing, designing and executing integrated web and print campaigns from start to finish, including UX research, page and site architecture and developing unique and memorable creative solutions that meet client objectives. I am happy to be involved directly in producing the work or delegating and leading a team in its execution.
I am an enthusiastic self motivated creative who is precise, direct, and thoughtful in inspiring and working in a team environment. I work cooperatively, efficiently, and productively with all team members including outside partners to accomplish objectives on time and within budget. I believe in having a positive attitude and keeping a level head while under pressure and I am always keeping an eye out for the latest design trend or creating my own. I believe working smart and hard and always learning from my mistakes, which makes me an excellent asset to any team. I have excellent written and verbal communication skills with artistic out of the box ideas. I posses great presentation skills and enjoy presenting my ideas to my peers.
Specialties: Art Direction, Photo Direction, user experience design, branding, creative concepting, vision work, strategy, fashion styling, interaction design, technology, presentation, e-commerce, B to B.
Kenmore Owners Site - ipad
UX Art Director
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Chicago, IL
- May 2010 - Present (3 years 7 months)
Sears & Kmart softlines dedicated team (apparel, shoes, jewelry & home & Sears Style).
I am responsible for co- directing a small team for sears and Kmart fashion, concepting & designing blue sky work along with designing for Sears Style weekly issues. Directing photo shoots for Sears Style and the shoes business. My fashion team had a HUGE Win in 2012 by doubling the softlines business. In August 2013 I contributed to the direction and design for the new Sears Style Blog. The blog has already had a 80% increase in time spent on the blog and unique page views.
I believe you have to know your merchandise in order to create beautiful designs so I take it upon myself to keep up with all the incoming merchandise and current design trends to keep my designs edgy and on-trend. I work closely with the online merchandisers to decide what will look and sell best for our emails, fashion & trends verticals, special brand shops and Dap pages for Sears and Kmart. I am also responsible for leading the creative marketing and planning for the upcoming year that will be used for all the apparel verticals, promos, and emails.
I have worked on a variety of projects under all SHC brands, Sears, Kmart, Craftsman & Kenmore. The projects have all touched a variety of UX design from social design, gift registry, search & browse, vertical design, pitch work, tablet and ipad design.
Creative Director & UX Web Designer
- HW Design Studio
- 2005 - Present (8 years)
UX Website Design & Programming (HTML, CSS, jQuery, S.E.O) Branding
Design & Layout
Photo Art Direction
My freelance company that I began 6 years ago. Within a freelance role, my responsibilities include art direction and design from concept to completion, manage, design, and program large-scale web projects, work independently and corroboratory with clients, including budgeting, accounts receivable and payable. I can work directly with the programmer to execute online web and mobile experiences.
- LoSasso Advertising
- 2005 - 2009 (4 years)
While working at LoSasso Ad agency I worked on more things in a day than most people do in a week. So juggling multiple projects and meeting deadlines comes easy to me. A typical work week for me would be directing ad's and email campaigns, designing web comps, programming websites & emails, designing animated gifs, retouching photographs, writing headlines for national ads, designing, layout and production of print materials photographing machine's and tools for clients.
Able to work with a group of designers, copy writers and account executives to concept, direct and design print and web communications. Projects ranged from large multi media websites with the latest up to date technology, email blasts and animated ads to identity campaigns.
• Designed and produced many compelling and interactive websites, microsites, email marketing and national ad’s.
• Designed an opt-in e-mail marketing program called the Bonus Zone that delivers more than 400% ROI.
• Rebranded multiple clients identities which resulted in one clients (Amada Wasino): 25% increase in sales, 20% increase in new leads from 2006, Generated important PR coverage during the IMTS show in the Show Daily newspaper, Website traffic increased to an average of 100 new visitors per day during the first month.
• Concepted headlines for Ad’s in Consumer and B to B Clients.
• Promoted multiple times from Designer to Art Director
• Organized, maintained and updated the internal design resource library, paper samples and other design tools. Inventoried and ordered art supplies for the studio.
• Responsible for orientation and training of new creative staff and freelancers.
Jr. Art Director / Sr. Print and UX Web Designer for Direct Marketing Agency
- 2003 - Jun 2005 (1 year 6 months)
• Designed and managed projects from conception to production in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Focused efforts on brochures, catalogs, direct mail, letterhead, web emails, and animated GIFs.
• Directed a small team of designers.
• Communicated with production and laser staff to ensure adherence to timelines.
• Successfully transitioned into automotive industry and supported profit increases from $1.3 million
to 2+ million.
Graphic and Visual Designer/Director
- Oak Street Design
- Jul 2001 - Mar 2004 (2 years 8 months)
• Directed projects from conception to production.
• Created visual graphics for displays, menus, posters, logos, brochures, direct mail, and corporate identity
for banks, hotels, galleries and restaurants.
• I styled many window displays on Michigan avenue in downtown chicago. (Sephora, Saks, Armani Exchange, Talbots, Bath & Body, Chicago Place Mall, Water Tower, Westfield Shopping Center.)
• Incorporated various design innovations to increase communications
• Served on team recognized with Michigan Avenue Orb Award.
Columbia College Chicago
- BA Advertising, Graphic and Web design, Photography
- 1997 - 2001
Worked at the Museum of Contemporary Photography http://www.mocp.org/. Installing exhibits and framing artists work. I worked closely with Stephanie Conaway, Manager of Exhibitions & Facilities.
Graphic Design USA
Sears Apparel, SearsStyle
2011 Stevie Award Winner:
Sears Holdings Corporation, Hoffman Estates IL: Come See the Zombie Side of Sears (design & styling)
2011 Bronze Anvil Award
“Come See The Zombie Side of Sears” Category: Viral Marketing Program