- + Follow
Wayfinding and Environmental Consultant
Solana Beach, CA
Robert Irvine - has over 20 years experience with designers, architects and planners providing wayfinding and environmental elements for complex environments. Mr. Irvine has planned and designed sign systems for office buildings, civic facilities, retail stores and unique environments across the US. He is experienced in bringing environmental and wayfinding projects to fruition within budget and on time from start to finish.
Mr. Irvine also creates graphic and print solutions.
environmental graphics 2
environmental & product design
Art Center College of Design
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design
Majoring in Environmental Design
5.12 to Present
• Design sign programs and wayfinding systems.
• Provide logo creation and facilitate branding strategies.
• Create concepts and execute design layouts including retail packaging, marketing collateral and stationary.
2.95 to 4.12
Maddux & Co.
San Diego, CA
• Participated in the creation of the wayfinding master plan documents for the Olympic Training Center, which include planning, designing and supervising of all environmental elements throughout the 147 acre facility.
• Design and supervision of the North County Courthouse sign and wayfinding system.
• Design and Planning of office, retail and biotech sign programs from initial concept to overseeing fabrication and installation. Some projects include logos, project brochures and all related marketing materials.
• Design brand identities and logos, brochures, ads and any other marketing materials needed to promote a particular project.
• Involved in brainstorming of innovative design and product ideas, as well as new ways to improve the design process to help benefit us and the client.
4.92 to 12.94
San Francisco, CA
• Redesign of Chevron service stations, including sketches and presentation models.
• Creation and application of identity system for all PG&E service vehicles.
1.90 to 3.92
Saul Bass & Associates
Los Angeles, CA
• Involved with the design and implementation of AT&T graphic standards.
• Built models for SOHIO Service Stations.
Partial Client List
ARCO / U.S. Olympic Training Center
The Koll Company
American Institute of Architects
SEC (South Eastern Conference)
National Car Rental
Eisner Accountants & Consultants
San Diego Convention Center
Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies
Ruhnau/Ruhnau & Associates, Architects
San Diego Municipal Credit Union
Douglas Allred Company
Edison Electric Institute
• Concept and Design in 2 and 3 Dimensions
• Design and Planning of Sign Programs and
Wayfinding Systems for Commercial, Civic and Retail Facilities
• Concept and Design of Corporate Collateral:
Brochures, Ads, Invitations, Packaging & Logos
• Art Direct Designers, Production Staff as
well as Photography and Printing
• Plan, Create, Direct the Development and
Implementation of Comprehensive
• Create Presentation Materials for New Business
• Design and Planning of Exhibits & Trade Shows
• Oversee Projects from Concept to Completion
• Handle Projects in Organized Manner
• Dealing with Clients, Architects, Fabricators & Printers
• Design and Production on Mac Computer
• Digital Photography
• Model Making
• Hand Skills
Art Center College of Design