- + Follow
Versatile, creative, and detail-oriented Industrial Designer with 10+ years of experience on a diverse range of products. Possess comprehensive knowledge of all stages of the design/development process from conceptualization to manufacturing. Performance, process, and results driven in commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement. Enthusiastic, friendly, team player that is looking forward to working with other talented people to create outstanding products and a prosperous business.
• Responsible for managing end to end design projects, including the mechanics and aesthetics of
enclosures for multimillion dollar semiconductor machines- from ideation and refinement of project
direction with clients to finalizing 3D models and part drawings with engineers and manufacturers.
• Satisfied a difficult client need by traveling to their facility California for a month to work at building a
prototype, making and documenting modifications, and troubleshooting any problems.
• A client was building their first production machine to be sold the next morning. I worked for 23 hours
straight to help them complete the build properly and on time.
• A client was building their first machine to be sold the next morning. I worked for 23 hours strait to help them complete the build properly and on time.
• Responsible for creating an inventory control system that utilized existing
available materials and hardware and assured needed components were available in a timely
manner. This was achieved by programming over 2500 different items into the job
management software used by the company and integrating it into the job processing.
• Ensured the company’s continued success by training employees and writing over a dozen different
instruction manuals that were given to the employees and posted on the company’s internal website for
reference and training for future employees.
• Successfully modified many processes of how daily actions were completed to increase the
speed and accuracy of the job processing and material control.
• Successfully launched and operated design company featuring expert consulting in all areas of design including graphic, website, industrial, interface, textile, and logo design.
• Designed and delivered complete Web 2.0 curriculum (designed virtual classroom modules, a social network, a blog, forums, and other online virtual tools) to over 2000 Hewlett Packard employees over the course of two years.
• Designed several websites, business cards, flyers, menus, and other print material for businesses.
• Create full size models to demonstrate size, orientation, and user interface.
• Able to redesign and improve on a client’s medical device product by quickly creating dozens of concepts
and solutions for appearance, mechanical functionality, and user ergonomics that decreased
manufacturing costs, improved aesthetics and ease of use.
• Built and modified full size foam-core models and many scale appearance models out of urethane foam.
• Effectively supported the other designers on four different projects by building and painting several
models, sketching concepts, rendering images, photographing models, creating presentations, making 3D
models for rendering and manufacturing, cleaning and organizing the workshop, and assuring that the
projects were completed on time.