27 years of professional award winning...
- Branding & Corporate Identity
- Creative Direction
- Design Management
- Product Development
- Conception and creation of designs for packaging, web, and print marketing materials.
- Strategic planning of identity and marketing roadmaps
- Graphic and photography work adhering to brand goals and standards
- Process implementation and development.
510 W. 26th St.
Richmond, Virginia 23225
•Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
•Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
•Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance brand strategy
•Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services and programs
•Supervise and inspire the creative team of vendor partners
•Generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
•Work with the account team, strategy team, and copywriters to develop concepts and present to management
•Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
•Manage team members
•Provide quality control over concepts and projects
COMPUTER & TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
CorelDRAW! • Adobe Photoshop • Illustrator • InDesign • Quark Xpress • Macromedia Dreamweaver • Microsoft Excel • PowerPoint • Word • Front Page • RayDream 3D Studio
TOM GRANEY FINE ART & GRAPHIC DESIGN (1995 – PRESENT)
Retained by a diverse client base to create a variety of visual communication and integrated marketing communication solutions including:
Advertising Specialties • Album Cover and J-Card Design • Animation • Annual Reports • Architectural Rendering • Brochures • Clip Art Dsign • Corporate Identity • Direct Marketing
Drafting / Mechanical Drawing • Flyers • Graphic Design • Icon Design • Illustration
Indoor / Outdoor Advertising • Packaging Design • Photography • Point of Purchase Displays
Posters • Print Advertising • Sign Design / Drafting / C.A.D. • Software Development
Television / Radio Commercial Production • Web Page Graphics & Animation
THE EPICUREAN EXPERIENCE • PART TIME PROFESSIONAL GOURMET / CHEF ASSISTANT (11/03 – 5/06)
– Provide food preparation and cooking assistance to a five star chef for private parties, events, and special functions
– Assisted chef in food preparation, cooking, and serving clients
– Assisted in designing menus in accordance with client needs.
– Designed business cards, vehicle magnetic signs and promotional collateral
– Designed flyers and posters for all functions
STAPLES FINE ART • CREATIVE DIRECTOR (4/00 - 8/02)
– Provided fine art giclee prints, specializing in creating stunning museum-quality giclee reproductions, original digital art prints and archival image libraries.
– Assisted in developing a proprietary color management system.
– Developed a national advertising campaign which improved client base by 30%
– Consulted with artists and photographers.
– Provided exceptional customer service for all clients.
AD VICE INC • ART DIRECTOR / DESIGNER (3/99 - 4/00)
– Created the winning designs for several international sign design competitions.
– Dramatically Increased client prospects through the design of dynamic trade show graphics, marketing materials and 3D renderings.
– Consulted with architects and builders to create effective indoor/outdoor advertising programs.
– Designed and drafted highly detailed technical drawings, illustrations, and architectural elevations.
TALLEY SIGN COMPANY • ART DIRECTOR / DRAFTSMAN (11/92 - 5/94)
– Designed and produced mechanical drawings of various interior and exterior applications including trade show graphics, retail center pylon and neon signs.
– Developed proficiency in AUTOCAD, CorelDraw!, Adobe PhotoShop and various graphical interfaces.
– Provided support for the sales team through the implementation of an improved design process and by creating highly effective visual aids.
IMAGELINE INC • ART DIRECTOR / SENIOR DESIGNER (10/89 -10/91 – 6/94 - 3/97)
–Managed a team of graphic designers and illustrators.
– Research, design and development of award winning graphics for use in the desktop publishing and presentation software industry.
– Designed and produced product packaging, print advertising and multimedia presentations.
– Pioneered a process of developing easy-to-edit vector based graphics
Art Institute of Pittsburgh 1986
Associate in Specialized Technology Degree in Visual Communication
•Design work featured in the CorelDRAW! WOW! Book in addition to winning eleven awards of excellence in the CorelDRAW! World Design Contest.
•Print advertisement for the Chesapeake Corporation was highlighted as the “Design of the Week” in the Richmond Times Dispatch - Metro Business Section.
•Poetry published in “Colors Of Life” International Library of Poetry
1st Place in the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Student Art Show
1st place in the Twelve County Finger Lakes Art Competition
1st place in “The Great Race” poster contest
Runner up in The Artist’s Magazine International Watercolor Competition
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST