- + Follow
Los Angeles, CA
I love evoking emotion through design, if you like what you see let me know. I'm available for freelance and possibly full time work, please email me if you would like some more info.
Jet Moto Redesign
LOS ANGELES CA / 734.604.9599 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A passionate designer with a diverse skill set, a comprehensive process, and a demonstrated success in the product design industry. My expertise is in visualizing abstract concepts, identifying emotional connections, highlighting functionality, and problem solving production issues. Strengths include 2D visualization, verbal presentations, creative CAD solutions, and visual story telling.
SAMSUNG DESIGN AMERICA PRODUCT DESIGNER, MOBILE DIVISION
2009-2012 Rancho Dominguez, CA
Worked with a team and independently to create mobile device concepts and peripheral products including feature phones, smart phones, tablets, Bluetooth devices, and peripheral products.
• Responsible for every aspect of the design process; initial product research, sketching and brainstorming, rendering and drafting, CAD modeling and CMF (color material and finishing)
• Collaborated closely on CAD feasibility issues with the engineers on a daily basis for designs that were approved by Samsung Headquarters and the carriers
• Created and delivered training materials for CMF team using a CAD model and rendering software to allow them to simulate end products in a simplified manner
• Mentored and organized sponsored projects with accredited art and design universities
• Designed and built several models in preparation for frequent and immediate demands for extra designs because of the evolving needs of the HQ office, several archetype models were selected because of this proactive measure
MOTO ART INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (an industry leader in aircraft based luxury products)
Fall 2012-present Los Angeles, CA
Worked closely with the owners to create new products for their brand and help them expand their brand into new consumer sectors
• Independently scheduled, organized, and executed an entirely new furniture product line for the first mass produced project for their brand
• Visualized interior design installations using MOTO ART’s custom designed furniture
• Produced a portfolio and subsequent presentation of original point of purchase displays using MOTO ART’s signature style to be presented to the executives of one the most prestigious fashion brands in Los Angeles
NICOLAI GMBH FREELANCE PRODUCT DESIGNER
Fall 2012-present Lübbrechtsen Germany
Visualized designs for several unique E-bike products using a new hybrid drive train. The goal was to marry the functionality of the new drive train with a new form language that would set it apart from the competition.
HONG KONG STUNT TEAM FREELANCE ENTERTAINMENT DESIGNER
Summer 2012 Santa Ana, CA
Produced compelling vehicle and character concept art and related media for the brand to showcase at various events
BEACON ELECTRONICS FREELANCE PRODUCT DESIGNER
Winter 2011 Los Angeles, CA
Visualized the visual brand language for a high end audio headphones and ear buds and did the CAD modeling for the preproduction feasibility testing
LEARNING CURVES DESIGN BOOK CONTRIBUTOR
2011 Sjölén and Macdonald, KEEOS Design Books
Published in an industrial design book that assists people in learning the sketch process and technique that working professionals use to create meaningful designs.
• Multiple projects I created were showcased in this book for a variety of topics.
CAFE RACER MOTORCYCLE GARAGE FREELANCE DESIGNER
2009-2010 Ypsilanti, MI
Created digital visualizations for the bike builders to present to customers to better clarify the final outcome
Unigraphics NX / Alias / Rhino / Bunkspeed / Alias Sketch / Photoshop / Illustrator / Microsoft Office Suite
Analog sketching and marker rendering / Digital sketching and rendering / Brainstorming / Research Methods / Human Factors / Presenting to clients
Featured Designer on Coroflot.com, a popular digital portfolio website
Featured Designer on MonkeeDesign.com, an Industrial Design website
Featured Designer on Conceptkicks.com, a popular footwear design website
College for Creative Studies Detroit