- + Follow
Industrial Design and Product Development/Management
San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA
ACCOMPLISHED PRODUCT PROFESSIONAL Proven leadership and expertise in product management, design and development. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge and Experience Skills • 12+ years of industry experience. • Ability to tackle any design situation no matter how ambiguous. • Self-starter and accustomed to working in fast-paced environments with little supervision. • Ability to multitask and work cross-functionally with related teams. • Management of teams domestically and in Asia. • Hands on knowledge of the design to manufacture process (concept, design generation, prototyping, production). Technical Skills • Expertise in industrial design and user experience design • Design thinking and design process • In-depth understanding of experienced based design • SW Proficiency: Solidworks, Rhino3D, Visualize, Keyshot, Adobe CS Suite. MS Office • Model making • Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both strategic and tactical levels. ACHIEVEMENTS • Patent Awards Received: USD600,675 S; USD594,441 S, USD617,198 S, USD260,448 S, USD620,447 S • BDA/Munitio: Successful development and launch of on-ear and in-ear headphones line, enabling BDA to enter the premium headphone space with the Munitio brand. • Panasonic Cloud Entertainment: Comprehensive design, development, and implementation of accessory product line for launch with Panasonic’s handheld MMO game system, the Jungle. • Monster Cable: Industrial design management of high profile partner programs. o Beats by Dre, Disney/Tron, HP/Monster Digital Life, Apple mobile, Vivienne Tam Butterfly • Lathrop: Drove and successfully implemented advance design tools into the product design and development process. ROI resulted in better communication of design concepts and ultimately stronger customer loyalty. • Cadence Palladium XP: Successfully designed and implemented forward-thinking ID for Cadence’s next generation super computer, the Palladium XP. Unique design innovations focused on human factors and efficient system clustering for upward scaling. • Nanometrics: Created, drove and implemented a new design language for the Nanometrics line of wafer metrology products. The design language created a family look that tied in industry expectations with a friendlier consumer feel.
• Cross functional management of product experience and specifications for Android consumer electronics.
• Research and development of product concepts focused around experience principles and concepts.
• Led user experience testing, evaluation and design for consumer electronic accessories.
• Led product development, management and marketing of accessories for HP’s Sprout all-in-one.
• Creation and planning of the IoT roadmap for Windows Cortana accessories centered on experience driven design.
• Cross functional product management with engineering and marketing teams.
• Directed the design and development for premium headphones.
• Managed internal and external teams for the design, development and manufacture of headphones.
• Drove the exploration and vetting of various audio and wireless technologies for headphone experiences.
• Specification, evaluation and approval of audio sound profiles for headphone products.
• Drove the industrial design, product definition, and development of The Jungle’s accessory portfolio. Items include cables, AC chargers, car chargers, headphones, and cases and bags.
• Management of vendor/suppliers for 1) design implementation 2) costing of product design.
• Supplier sourcing and vetting for accessory and companion products.
• Managing member; Monster Product Development Leadership
• Recipient of various design patent awards.
• Led design strategy and managed design relationships of internal and external product programs.
• Primary ID interface for Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, and Supply Chain.
• Strategic and tactical guidance of ID for cables, power delivery systems, audio products and mobile accessories.
• Management of multifaceted design team consisting of disciplines from ID, packaging, and mechanical engineering.
• Management and guidance of suppliers/vendors for product development from concept to manufacture.
• Successful industrial design and implementation for a variety of tech, bio-tech, medical and military projects.
• Drove and implemented new design processes with advance tools that resulted in faster and better communication and development of product concepts.
• Developed and nurtured direct relationships with customers to ensure design intent for best in class product design.
• Led design research in ergonomics and human factors for improved product to user interactions.
• Managed and mentored junior designers for various product projects.
• Primary lead for the design of metrology and metrology companion products.
• Successfully drove the definition and implementation of industrial design and color language.
• Design visualization lead for the creation of multiple 3D animated shorts.
• ID lead for the design and development of various consumer and business computing products.
• GUI design and creation: HPUX (Unix), Standalone multi-function printers
• Notable projects: HP Superdome, HP NetServer E60, Design conceptualization of printing systems, Design conceptualization of rack server systems.
• Creation and management of companywide product database for internal industrial design use.