- + Follow
Print & Pattern Creator, Maker of Digital Wallpapers
I create high-class + high-sass wallpapers for the world's devices.
My specialty is creating repeat patterns and prints. I've created several tutorials about my process, as well as a fair amount of silly videos.
Check out my wallpapers here: http://www.barbraignatiev.com/
Strong Painting Skills
Strong Sketching Skills
Adobe Acrobat Professional
Mac & PC Platforms
Sassapress * 2000 - Present
Surface Designer + Illustrator
Creates surface designs and repeat patterns for the fashion, home
goods, gift, crafting and textile industries. Develops
collections: scans, cleans up, recolors and creates repeats for
prints. Develops mood and trend boards. Creates surface textures
for the video game industry. Develops prints from concept to end
product. Manages day-to-day administrative duties such as billing, website updating, and marketing strategy. Expert level of proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Featured designer of prints at Alluminare.com, producer of
custom lighting and accessories for home and commercial projects.
- Represented by Juna Studio (NYC) in US, Canada and Mexico
markets in the fabric, gift and home goods industries.
- Prints and sells own fabric designs
- Referred to several new clients through relationships with
Kohl's Corporation (via Aquent)
Menomonee Falls, WI * 2009
Consultant - Graphic Design
Recruited to help the Innovations Team with conceptualizing for
new brands, designing promotional materials, and setting
aesthetic look for the retail environment.
- Played an influential role in bringing new vision to the look
Jockey International (via Aquent)
Kenosha, WI * 2008 - 2009
Consultant - Art Direction/Graphic Design
Worked in a conceptual capacity on a variety of high-profile
projects including catalogs, promotional printed materials,
packaging and company websites. Helped direct photo shoots on-location and in-studio for shooting garments on-figure and as lay downs. Directed and gave guidance to graphic interns. She excelled and won personal acclaim from principals and colleagues in this dynamic and fast-paced atmosphere. Frequently presented work to CEO, CFO, and VP's.
- High-volume and high-quality work created under very tight
- Sales rose significantly after revamping catalogs for two
divisions of the company - this, during severe economic downturn.
Hanson Dodge Creative
Milwaukee, WI * 2007 - 2008
Senior Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Developed surface designs for trend-forward memory craft products and packaging materials. Conceptualized surface designs and packaging for memory craft and wall decor industries. Kept current with trends in interior design and the juniors/youth market. Worked closely with clients. Visually dialogued remotely by using strong
- Developed trend-forward products with high sell-through.
- Established trusting relationships with clients, superiors, and
Duni/Innoware Paper, LLC
Menomonee Falls, WI * 2002 - 2006
Created surface designs for paper tabletop partyware and promotional materials. Studied and incorporated upcoming trends. Created illustrations. Developed products with licensed art. Manipulated art to achieve pleasing design layouts. Calibrated art for color correctness. Prepared designs for production. Performed press checks. Coordinated with print house to meet all project requirements.
- Managed production of million-dollar product orders under very
- Rated consistently within the Top 3 out of 45 designs (on
average, in each season) in consumer reviews.
Bachelor of Fine Art, Illustration, Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, 2000 (Dean's List)
Earned a 4-year scholarship
Continuing Education Classes: InDesign, Flash
- MIAD Alumni
- CHA and SURTEX Trade Shows - attended several times to purchase
art and research trends
- Color Association of America, New York City - consulted with this
color forecasting service
- Promostyl, New York City - consulted with this international
lifestyle, design and trends service
- My blog, which explores design finds and my adventures in
- Highly active in the surface print design online community, posting regularly to blogs and giving feedback
- Please login to LinkedIn for more testimonials:
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD)