- + Follow
With over ten years experience in Graphic Design and Illustration as well as one year in Industrial Design I'm available for full time or contract work.
Smokejumper Fire Fighter Helmet
Robert E Sturk
213 Riverwalk Cir.
Cary, NC 27511
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly detailed and systematic design approach.
- Excellent written and verabal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent sketching and rendering skills.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Ability to strive under tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Systematic design approach and highly detail oriented.
- A team player.
- North Carolina State University, MFA in Industrial Design
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design, BFA in Industrial Design
- Product Design, Illustration, Graphic Design, research, story boarding,
character design, toy design, promotional marketing materials and model
- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Alias SketchBook Pro 2.0.,
SolidWorks, After Effects and various traditional media.
2010-Present Creative Images / Cary, NC / Graphic Designer
- Created original digital artwork for awards, plaques and commercial
- Consult with clientele to ensure designs meet and exceeds business
- Design in-house marketing materials.
2005-Present Freelance / Cary, NC / Industrial Design and Graphic Design
- Created original digital artwork for apparel for a local coffee shop.
- Designed CD cover artwork for a self-released album by O’Neil Records.
- Designed logo for local paintball team.
- Designed characters for a small grocery chain promoting a healthy diet for
- Designed and illustrated a comic book to promote awareness of
2001-2005 Triangle Business Journal / Raleigh, NC / Graphic Designer
- Served as Assistant Production Manager and lead Graphic Designer for
weekly journal magazine highlighting corporate and business news in
North Carolina. Consulted with sales team and their clients to develop
logo design, ad design and other additional marketing materials to ensure
the clients receive high visibility in the market.
- Created original artwork for special issue covers by use of conventional
and digital media.
- Personally supervised local press operations to ensure consistent, quality
production of publications.
- Wrote and Illustrated satirical cartoons for the paper.
2000-2001 Spectator Magazine / Raleigh, NC / Graphic Designer
- Worked as part of a design team at a weekly lifestyle magazine.
- Responsible for meeting with and creating Spec Ads for potential
- Responsible for designing cover pages for quarterly special issues.
1999-2000 Cary News / Cary, NC / Graphic Designer
- Worked as part of a design team at a weekly newspaper serving residents
of Cary, NC.
- Developed and updated ads and marketing material for clientele.
- Designed cover pages for quarterly special issues.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Work featured in www.designlaunches.com 2010.
- Work featured in Core77 design magazine & resource 2010.
- Presented at the 6th Annual North Carolina State University Graduate
Student Research Symposium in recognition of outstanding research.
- Received 2008 Design Excellence Award as an exemplary Junior student
designer from Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
- Best in Show, North Carolina Press Association “Best Ad Contest”.
- 1st Place, Best Full-Color Real Estate Ad, North Carolina Press Association
“Best Ad Contest”.
- 1st Place, Best Full-Color Institutional Ad, North Carolina Press Association
“Best Ad Contest”.
- 1st Place, Best Full-Color Retail Ad, North Carolina Press Association
“Best Ad Contest”.
- 1st Place, Full-Color Insert, American City Business Journals Pinnacle
Awards, Raleigh, NC
- 1st Place, Advertorial Section Cover, American City Business Journals
Pinnacle Awards, Raleigh, NC.
North Carolina State