Everyone smiles in the same language.
brian c. begley 201.317.8089 • email@example.com
205 Holmes St. Boonton, New Jersey 07005
Talented, detail-oriented graphic artist, web designer, and illustrator who excels at both freehand and computer-based design. Skilled at creating designs that consistently reflect a fresh perspective and an ability to think outside of the box. Experienced at leading as well as working as part of a team in a deadline driven environment.
FREELANCE EXPERIENCE. 1998-Present
• Logo, press kit, and merchandise design and production for the band “Life Without Warning.”
• Logo design for record label, management company, and various clubs, groups, and organizations.
• Design work on assorted projects including iPhone/Android App Icons and design concepts, websites, letterheads, business cards, brochures, flyers, posters, stamps, CD/DVD covers and inserts, t-shirts, murals, tattoos, and yearbook covers.
All Things Media • Ramsey, New Jersey 2010-2011
• Collaborated with Design team and Animation team to create and develop concepts for Mercedes Benz, Pearson Education, Konica Minolta, Bryan Clay (Olympic Decathlete), Travie McCoy (Recording Artist), and Cognizant.
• Projects for these clients included Eblasts, illustrations and coloring, powerpoint presentations, webpage design, print layouts, and concepts for online games.
SuperGreenPages • Newark, New Jersey 2010
Head Web & Graphic Designer
• Responsible for all phases of design, production and implementation of custom websites as well as logos, business cards, letterheads, flyers and advertisements for both print and web.
• Create websites utilizing visual design within Adobe Dreamweaver as well as HTML and CSS.
• Generate and implement code for SEO and Google Analytics.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 to post live and test sites via FTP Servers.
• Experienced at creating, executing and overseeing project timelines.
ArtWorks Foundation • Englewood, New Jersey 2009-2010
Assistant Events Coordinator
• Directly assisted Executive and Program Directors with office management, clerical duties, and art directive creation.
• Designed, sketched, and produced art activities for use with hospitalized children.
GAP Inc • Short Hills, New Jersey 2006-2009
• Responsible for overall visual presentation of store including style and dressing of mannequins, presentation of product including window displays, store mapping, and lighting.
• Regularly sketched and developed floor plan layout and mannequin design to drive sales.
• Experienced in corporate branding, maintaining brand continuity over multiple facets of store.
PEARSON PRENTICE HALL • Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 2005-2006
• Responsible for all image editing.
• Archived files and organized folders for new editions of school text books.
NEWSWEEK • New York, New York 2004-2005
• Composed final layouts for all domestic and overseas editions of Newsweek magazine.
RUSS BERRIE & CO. • Oakland, New Jersey 2003-2004
• Directly reported to Art Director and collaborated with artists and designers on product development.
• Assisted in packaging and prototype sketching and design.
• Experienced in pre-press preparation and finalization of products.
• Project campaigns included: Angel Cheeks, Picture Frames, Plush Animals, Marvel, Madagascar, and M&Ms.
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY • Mahwah, New Jersey 1999-2004
• Bachelor of Communications with a concentration in Graphic Design
• Brother of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity.