- + Follow
- 10 years experience in product design and project management
- BA degree in Industrial Design (Hons) and Masters degree in Product Design Innovation (scholarship program)
- Extensive knowledge of plastic technologies such as injection moulding and blow moulding.
- 8 years experience on plastics product design, homewares and packaging design (graphic and engineering).
- Extensive knowledge on all product design project stages from idea generation to product validation involving the use of state of the art technologies such as CAD/CAM/CAE.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and interact with internal and external teams.
- Experience in software packages for graphic and product design such as Adobe Creative Suite and Solid Works.
- Extensive experience in risk analysis techniques such as FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) to shorten project lead times as well as reduce quality issues and project costs.
Specialties: Product Design
Homewares and appliances
Coffee maker concepts
- Xpressions design
- Sydney, Australia
- Feb 2008 - Present (5 years 10 months)
Founder and director of this small studio dedicated to the design of new products, concept development and engineering, packaging, graphic design and product photography
Product Design Manager
- Willow Ware Australia
- Nov 2004 - May 2008 (3 years 6 months)
• Design of new products and modifications on existing ones from design brief evaluation and concept realization, CAD modelling, competitor analysis, material optimisation for cost reduction through Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Moldflow technologies, in-house prototyping and Rapid prototyping, Project Presentation to internal and external customers and documentation using ISO 9001 quality standards.
• Project schedules and task coordination to meet customer / project / company’s deadlines. Liaison with toolmakers and continuous interaction with suppliers and customers. Use of risk analysis techniques such as FMEA for parts manufactured for the automotive industry. Estimate capital expenditure for each project and develop project plans accordingly.
• Modifications on existing tooling (from drawings to production) to improve product appeal, manufacturability, cost and/or quality. Product and tool drawings, packaging design and pallet configuration.
• Website maintenance
Internship project (Masters degree)
- The Decor Corporation
- Jan 2004 - Jul 2004 (6 months)
Product design and project management, product presentations, understanding of Décor’s processes and requirements for the project, material optimisation, cost reduction, conceptualisation, material selection, design evaluation, rapid prototyping and project documentation.
Designed a new product using state of the art technologies for Product Design such as Moldflow, Finite Element Analysis.
- Jan 2003 - Mar 2004 (1 year 2 months)
• Product design, cost reduction of existing products, packaging design, design of new products and project management.
• Reduce product cost on SKUs with minimum modifications on existing tooling.
• Implement the research and new product design department.
Swinburne University of Technology
- Masters Products Design Innovation
- 2003 - 2004
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- BA Industrial Design
- 1997 - 2003
Graduated with honours and received the Medal “Gabino Barreda”, given to the best student of each major
- Design of children furniture "Bench transformable into bench table" 1st place
- Design of a bike rack for trains (Bombardier Transportation) 2nd place