- + Follow
New York, NY
Talented and experienced product designer with extensive background in tabletop, home décor products and textile. Work featured in 'Tableware Today'. Creator of Mikasa's 2010 Number 1 Design: Midnight Bloom.
Expert user of Photoshop and Illustrator. Passionate, inventive and detail-oriented. Excellent hand painting skills, tight hand. Skillful in the use of airbrush, watercolors, gouaches and acrylics. Love to illustrate children’s books.
(201) 233 – 7760
Talented and experienced product designer with extensive background in home décor, textile and tabletop products. Work featured in Tableware Today. Expert user of Photoshop (Mac and Windows), proficient user of Illustrator. Excellent hand painting skills.Passionate, inventive and detail-oriented. Good knowledge of art history. Illustrated children’s books.
Lifetime Brands, Inc./Mikasa
1000 Stewart Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
Manage and create sophisticated and vast assortments of design patterns, shapes and materials for high-end and quality brand. Utilize a strong knowledge of most current technology as well as current dinnerware trends to invent exciting and popular designs rapidly. Meet all demands for wide variety of contemporary or traditional design, all types of materials and techniques, and able to create on a full collection of dinnerware pieces.
2003 – 2008
Alco Industries, Inc.
111 Melrich Road, Cranbury, NJ 08512
230 Fifth Ave, Suite 1412, New York, NY 10001
Develop home products including dinnerware sets, kitchen accessories, serving ware, wall décor, candleholders, picture frames, hand-painted glass giftware, holiday decorative service and scrap books for “Target”, “Wal-Mart”, “K Mart”, “Baby’s R Us”.
• Responsible for the development of the new product concepts which support market trends, new ideas, themes and design motifs
• Develop shapes and surface decorations from rough to finished art
• Ensuring consistency for the brand identities
• Ensuring that early product are designed according to the range of prices to satisfy current trends while being easy to manufacture and use
• Assist in preparation for shows and presentation to introduce new product
Inspirado Design Corp.
225 Fifth Ave, Suite 405, New York, NY 10001
• Designed patterns and shapes for hand-painted dinnerware and accessories
• Designed 3D and embossed/debossed items
• Researched for new trends
• Responsible for development of new projects from original sketching to computer rendering to final product
2000 - 2002
International China Co.
41 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010
• Designed patterns and shapes for dinnerware, hard accessories and giftware
• Developed and designed three dimensional products
• Participated in design production under direction of Marketing Department
• Responsible for finding materials and processes that are cost effective, environmentally friendly and aesthetically pleasing
• Worked with overseas suppliers
1997 – 2000
Self Employed – Tabletop Designer
Designed patterns for companies:
• PTS America (“Love Notes”, “Block Flowers”, “Pears”, “Primavera”, “Stars and Stripes”, etc.)
• Sakura (“Folk Art”, “Country Garden”)
• The Zrike Co. (“Snowman”, “Christmas Tree”, “Country Rooster”)
• Tabletop, runner, placemats, napkins for “Williams Sonoma Inc.”
• Dinnerware set for “Bed Bath & Beyond”
• Dinnerware set, dinner plate, salad plate, mug for “Caleca USA Inc.”
• Dinnerware set for “Bloomingdale’s”
• Pasta bowls for “Pottery Barn”
• Christmas mug for “Barnes and Noble”
• Melamine dinnerware for “Zak Designs”, sold to “Wal-Mart”
1997 – 1998
American Trend & Color Committee, NY
Assistant to Committee for INTERNATIONAL FASHION FABRC EXHIBITION
Styled colors, yarn, and fabric and mood shots for photography.
Created and assembled color display boards for presentation. Researched and selected print images for audio – visual.
DKNY Women’s Design
Designed prints and engineered embroideries in clothing.
Assisted Trend Director in compilation and research Fall 1998 slide presentation for textile print salon. Reviewed and edited prints from 15 studios for inclusion in slide show and printed materials.
The Doneger Group, NY
Designed and assembled seasonal presentation boards for men’s, women’s and children’s wear.
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NEW YORK NY
BFA Textile/Surface Design, Magna Cum Laude - 1998
ST. PETERSBURG ART SCHOOL, RUSSIA
BFA Drawing and Painting - 1985
HONORS / AWARDS
First Place and Recipient of the Arthur I. Caine Memorial Night Award for outstanding academic ability within the major of study (Textile/Surface Design, 1998).
Wilton Design Competition Project Award for the best rendering skills, tufted and printed carpets and rugs. Elected for Presidential Scholars Program.
Bathing suit print design was selected for exhibition at the International Fashion Fabrics Exhibition at the Jacob J. Javits Convention Center, October 21 – 23, 1997.
Designs displayed at FIT included carpet prototype, hand-loomed weaves, tabletop designs and hand painted scarf.
Fashion Institute of Technology
Wilton Design Award for the best rendering skills. Elected for Presidential Scholars Program.
Bathing suit print design selected for International Fashion Fabrics Exhibition at the Javits Center, Oct. 21 – 23, 1997.