- + Follow
Creative Director, Experiental Designer
Providing over 10 years design leadership in Product, Interiors, and Exhibit industries creating innovative solutions for products and spaces that engage customers, satisfy client’s objectives and demonstrate multidisciplinary collaboration at its finest. Expertise in all areas of three dimensional design with a broad understanding of materials, techniques and processes, resulting in prolific idea generation, concept vetting and design efficiencies.
Exhibit Design Work
GPJ Branded Architecture
- Strategic Formations Design
- Oct 2009 - Present (4 years 2 months)
Provide independent creative direction and consultation. Act as the primary driving force in developing engaging design for large multinational brands. Projects include: corporate and start-up creative consultation, entertainment design, game and toy design, booth, branding, interior and set design. Enhance client objectives to deliver thoughtful, aesthetically pleasing, creative results.
- BlueHive Strategic Environments
- Dec 2012 - Mar 2013 (3 months)
- 2013 - 2013
- International Display
- Jul 2012 - Dec 2012 (5 months)
- The Freeman Company
- 2012 - 2012
Senior Project Designer
- Access TCA
- Aug 2006 - Oct 2009 (3 years 2 months)
Provided creative dimensional design leadership as part of a larger creative team. Creative responsibilities have included the design of permanent corporate exhibits, traveling exhibits, interactive exhibits and environments, events and other dimensional products. As a senior member of the creative department, lead projects including preparing and managing both internal and external resources and serving as a primary interface with clients.
Senior Designer Studio CVR
- Studio CVR
- Mar 2006 - Aug 2006 (5 months)
Worked with Studio Manager and Principal to develop business, streamline workflow and process, and establish studio environment. Helped to create customized solutions for various clients in the children's products and toy industries.
Senior Project Designer
- George P Johnson Co
- May 2000 - Mar 2006 (5 years 10 months)
Develop creative, three dimensional solutions to fulfill client marketing objectives in a variety of venue applications. Responsible for extensive collaboration within multi-disciplinary teams to ensure flawless execution of branded dimensional architecture. Primary point of responsibility for design & production of environments including scope, feasibility, resource identification & management, innovate materials for extraordinary purposes, oversee production, budget, quality assurance.
* High energy, High volume output, creating over 400 3D environments traversed by over 2,000,000 individuals
* Strategic and Tactical Planning, managing multiple concurrent projects, with exceptionally positive feedback
* Successful accommodating broad needs within a single environment (ranging from face-to-face to grand theatrical events) with budgets ranging from $20k to $20m
- Jul 1998 - May 2000 (1 year 10 months)
Responsible for initiating creative dimensional solutions, managing design time and resources for individual projects and facilitating departmental work flow. Participated in multi-disciplinary meetings and planning sessions and applied input to develop efficient and effective solutions to clients.
* Promoted to Lead Designer in team situations within 8 months
- Spirk Design Associates
- May 1994 - May 1998 (4 years)
Worked in the Studio and Prototype Facility for such clients as Royal Appliance, Little Tikes, Rubbermaid, Proctor & Gamble, and Sony. Broad experience providing idea generation and design across industries and audiences, shepherding projects through the production process and providing insightful competitive analysis.
- Century Products Co. Century Products
- May 1997 - Aug 1997 (3 months)
Collaborated tirelessly with designers, engineers and marketers to complete the 1998 product line. Participated in the ideation, creation and bringing to market of the Century Travelite multi-use stroller. Designed infant head rest for use in car seats, booster seats, and strollers.
- Alex Sekely Designs
- 1997 - 1997
Intelligence Specialist Second Class
- U.S. Navy USS Kitty Hawk
- Aug 1989 - Aug 1993 (4 years)
Provide integrated Real Time, Tactical, and Strategic intelligence to Fleet Commander and Air wing personnel through the use of advanced processes and stat-of-the-art equipment. Duties included closed circuit television operator, situational briefs, satellite imagery interpretation, collection, processing, and dissemination of classified material.
Cleveland Institute of Art
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Industrial Design
- 1993 - 1998
- Associates of Science Degree General Studies
- 1989 - 1990