Hi and welcome! My name is Jasmine Ou and I am a designer working in the Los Angeles area. Please enjoy exploring my work in identity, packaging, product development, illustration, and more.
For opportunities to work together please contact me through coroflot or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A creative and versatile designer with industry experience in:
• Art & Illustration
• Product and Line Development
• Color & Concept Boards
• Trend Research/Forecasting
• CAD/Flat Sketching & Graphic Design
• Fluent in Mandarin
Project Manager, Coloredge Los Angeles. May 2012-Present.
• Asset management of print and graphics for various clients in the beauty industry for Sephora, Dillard's, and Macy's stores world wide.
• Design and management of graphics from initial artwork layout to print production.
• Layout of price strips and graphics for various types of gondolas based on live and trim provided by fixture companies.
• Concept development, identity and branding for various clients in the beauty industry.
Freelance Designer, Self Employed. Los Angeles. Jan 2011- Present.
• Branding, packaging, and logo/identity design for various clients in fashion/apparel, cosmetics, medical, food and wine industries.
• Creating original prints and patterns, graphics, and illustrations for various clients.
• Design for apparel and accessories including CAD sketching, illustration, and line & concept development.
• Copywriting for Beso.com, a lifestyle and media website owned by Scripps Networks Interactive Inc.
• Copywriting for TheGreenStylist.com, a fashion and beauty site focused on sustainable & organic products.
Assistant Designer, RAJ Manufacturing. Tustin, CA. Oct 2007 - June 2008.
• Design, development and merchandising of swimwear/sportswear lines for 7 unique licenses (including St. John, Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, O’Neill, Hurley and other private labels) while maintaining unique brand identities..
• Creating seasonal color and concept boards for line development.
• Researching and forecasting trends, colors, themes and silhouettes by utilizing trend services, the internet, competitive shopping and vintage shopping.
• Designing screen-prints, appliques, graphics, trims & prints for line development.
Production Department Intern, Volcom Inc. Costa Mesa, CA. Sept 2005 - Aug 2006.
• Working with Production Managers to communicate with overseas vendors.
• Organizing and archiving clothing samples; making initial comments on samples for production.
• Preparing tech packs to email to vendors.
• Inspecting preliminary lab dips, trims and labels.
A.A. Degree in Merchandise Product Development. Professional Designation. January 2009.
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. San Francisco/Los Angeles, CA.
-Creating clothing lines from initial research and inspiration to completed collection with tech packs and specs
-Production and Sourcing strategies
-Fabric and Trim knowledge
-Creating theme boards through trend forecasting analysis
June 2006. Bachelor of Arts in Visual Art, Minor in Digital Art. University of California, Irvine.