Experienced designer that is passionate about using insights to drive creative thinking and design that wins in the marketplace. A big believer in failing fast to ensure the right solution is found, optimized, and capitalized upon. The best way for good design to survive is to be cross-functionally collaborative - teams need to have collective ownership in the solution.
Strategic Thinking - Organizational Change
Design Management - Packaging
Design Management - Product
Design Management - Graphics
Rapid Visualization Sketching
Alias Sketchbook 2010 pro
3/11 - Present Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Global Design Manager
- Leading design support for Kleenex innovation globally. Responsibilities include global innovation projects for the full user experience, as well as creating and implementing global design tools.
6/10 - 3/11 Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Associate Design Manager, ID
- Responsibility to be the voice of the consumer and design advocate, deeply embedded in brands, platforms, pilots, and projects for global consumer brands.
- Encourage design thinking in project plans and creating design briefs through collaboration with the cross functional teams to allow for a robust design process vs. simple aesthetic exercises.
- Actively participate in research and enable multidisciplinary participation to ensure team allignment on design principles grounded in user experience.
- Manage design vendors to ensure the highest level of quality in client/vendor relationships to help ensure partnerships. Partnerships support design sourcing strategy of few, deep partners that become immersed in our brands and add value over time.
- Share industrial design specific recommendations on ways to change organizational behavior in order to better leverage design in the future to support business growth objectives.
7/06 - 6/10 Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Senior Industrial Designer
- Served as an industrial designer with responsibility crossing all US consumer brands, partnering with top external firms while driving good design practice into the organization through design management in cross-functional teams.
- Served as key design contact for three brands, Pull-ups, Goodnights, and Little Swimmers. Managed project internally (hands on) and externally (vendor management).
- Led an internal project looking at sustainability within KC from a design perspective. Assembled a cross functional team to create ideas during a multi-day structured ideation and brought best concepts forward to senior leadership.
- Led implementation of a new prototyping shop with responsibilities including sourcing all equipment, shop layout/floorplans, safety coordination with facilities management, and creating the safety manual.
6/04 - 5/06 In-Form Product Development, Sun Prairie, WI
-Generated technical exploded view illustrations highlighting part count, assembly, and manufacturing options to provide project direction for design/engineering.
-Created quick aesthetic sketches, illustrations, and renderings to communicate design intent and match product family appearances.
-Generated CAD databases based on sketches to quickly create exciting renderings and/or rapid prototype parts for three-dimensional verification.
-Managed photography of company work for corporate portfolio, both in progress and finished prototypes.
6/03-10/03 Stout Design Research Collective, Menomonie, WI
Client: Andersen Windows Corporation
-Chosen as one of four senior students to develop new window concepts that challenge the anthropology of the future home and allow home-owners new and exciting ways to interact with their space.
6/03-8/03 Andersen Corporation
Oversaw 5 person sash production line in 200 series double-hung windows; helped make our line the most productive of the summer work schedule.
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Bachelor of Fine Arts with an Industrial Design Concentration
Graduated in December of 2003 with the Chancellor's Award for Academic Excellence
University of Wisconsin-Stout