- + Follow
Long Beach, CA
Thanks for taking time to check out my work. Currently I am fully invested in doing some very exciting stuff at JR286 for Nike. Aside from that, my passion for design grows every day. My biggest interests are in performance gear, sports equipment, footwear, electronics, and housewares. But, knowing how to design can really lend itself to designing anything.
I welcome all inquiries and opportunities.
Golf Bag Design
Education: California State University, Long Beach
- B.S. Industrial Design, Business Marketing Minor
JR286 Inc. - Industrial Designer, Nike Sports Equipment & Accessories
May, 2010 - Present
Redondo Beach, CA
-I strive to design innovative equipment for team sports.
-I use my passion for sports and product design, along with athlete and consumer research to produce high quality sporting goods, protective gear, and training aids/devices for a wide range of traditional sports.
-As Exclusive Nike Innovators, our products have to possess the superior quality and game-changing design that Nike stands for.
Catalyst Strategic Design - Freelance Industrial Designer 1/09-5/10, 2/07-5/08
Catalyst Strategic Design - Internship 11/06-2/07
Long Beach, CA
- Designed performance products and sporting-goods such as golf bags, basketball, tennis, and running shoes, and safety equipment such as knee/elbow pads, and safety eyewear.
- Became experienced in advancing golf bags with new approaches, methods, and materials.
- Conceptualization, ideation, rendering, and technical drawings were among many tasks.
- Designed performance-driven products that stand up to professional use, and are sometimes designed in collaboration with pro athletes.
- Created presentations for top-tier brands and clients that led to exclusive projects and prolonged contracts.
- Lead designer for multiple projects, allocated roles and responsibilities to team members.
Rock & Republic Enterprises - Industrial Designer 5/08-12/08
Culver City, CA
- Responsible for the design and development of product lines for footwear, sneakers, wallets, belts, buckles, eyewear and more.
- Design tasks included sketching, rendering, 3D-CAD modeling, and mock-up models.
- Performed market research and trend forecasting, and designed within constraints and inspirations of seasonal themes while staying true to the brand's specific core audience.
- Conducted in-house presentations and worked closely with the CEO and President to execute the companys vision, and excelled at improving the perception of the brands accessories.
- Communicated directly with vendors and factories to advance product quality and attention to detail from prototype stage to production-ready products.
Achievements & Awards:
- IDSA Student Merit Award 2008
- Microsoft Next-Gen PC Design Competition 2008, Finalist
- Vice-President of the Design Students Association, Cal State Univ. Long Beach 5/07- 6/08
- International Housewares Association Student Design Competition 2007, Honorable Mention
- Design Software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, SolidWorks, Rhinoceros, Keyshot, 3D Max + V-Ray,
- Office Software: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Compelling sketching and ideation, and convincing visualization abilities
- Sound model-making techniques, experienced in many rapid-prototyping methods
- Devoted to producing innovative solutions which are logical and creative
- Proficient when communicating verbal and written ideas through visual mediums
- Thorough and efficient leading a project, and when taking direction from superiors
Interests & Activities: Action Sports, Tech Products, Guitar, Soccer, Golf, Art, Self-Expression
California State Long Beach
-- Finalist in Microsoft's Next-Gen PC Design Competition 08
-- Vice President of Design Students Assoc. at Cal State, Long Beach
-- Honorable Mention Int'l. Housewares Assoc. Design Competition in 06.