I have fun using my creative abilities to form attractive and innovative solutions.
J Keenan Studio
1/2011 - present
Independent Industrial Designer
- Specializing in ideation, visualization and production development
Calty Design Research
• Production automotive design ideation and development.
Institute for Creative Integration
• Interactive medical robotics concept.
• Advanced personal mobility concept.
• Transportation concept with a team of fashion designers.
Calty Design Research, Toyota Design Network
Ann Arbor, MI
12/2004 - 1/2011
Design of Toyota production vehicles for the North American market.
- Interior and exterior design from concept through production.
- Specialized in engineering intensive components.
- Led wheel design activity.
Wheel to Wheel/Tecstar, Inc.
Design for automotive OEM production programs and unique show vehicles.
- Created advanced hot rod concepts, production vehicles and automotive products from concept through production.
- Clients included GM, Chrysler and Nissan as well as Tim Allen and Jay Leno.
-Pratt Institute, School of Art & Design
Bachelors of Industrial Design
Graduate with Highest Honors, 2000
-Pratt Institute Department of Industrial Design, Young Designer Faculty Award Scholarship, 2000
-Pratt Institute Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Merit in Industrial Design, 2000
-Pratt Circle Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, 2000
-Presidential Merit Scholarship, 1996-2000
-Fischer Scholarship, 1997-2000
Transportation Design - College for Creative Studies
Alias 3D Modeling - College for Creative Studies
Catia 3D Modeling - INCAT
Japanese Language - Washtenaw Community College
Japanese Language - Ann Arbor Community Education
Sketching - Freehand and Digital
3D Modeling (Alias, Catia)
Color & Materials
Presentation (MS Office)