I am a 'green designer'. My passion is industrial design. My eduction is fine arts. My business is occassional furniture and decorative accessories. I travel extensively - a great perk of my job. I get to go all around the world, where I visit factories producing my company's designs and showcasing our work in some of the greatest cities on Earth...
To create and inspire design and sales in a highly-motivated environment.
2008-Present The Phillips Collection High Point, NC
• Senior level management of staff and top level projects.
• Overseeing all creative, marketing, and sales initiatives.
• Consolidated supplier program to operate more efficiently.
2008-Present Jason Phillips Design Greensboro, NC
• Created to manage my design portfolio.
• Over 900 furniture designs with dozens of accounts in the first year.
• Overseeing production of designs in Southeast Asia.
2006-2008 The Phillips Collection High Point, NC
• Introduced new products that increased earnings by 25%.
• Award-winning designs with an eco-friendly approach.
• Focused growth with key manufacturers to streamline operations.
2005-2006 The Phillips Collection High Point, NC
National Sales Manager
• Increased sales by $1 million.
• Replaced underperforming sales representatives by implementing quotas.
• Implemented training course for new recruits – speeding profitability.
2001-2005 MPactcorp.com Port Washington, NY
Director of Sales
• Expanded sales team from 3 to 10 representatives.
• Tripled division revenues for each sales associate.
• Expanded sales into new areas to extend profitability.
2001-2005 University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
• B.F.A., Industrial Design.
• Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
2004 Universidad de Sevilla Seville, Spain
• 4.0 GPA in the Fine Arts Program.
1998-2001 Huntington School of Fine Arts Huntington, NY
• Studied Fine Art Under World-Renowned Artists.
1997-2001 Roslyn High School Roslyn, NY
• Maintained top grades while participating in sports and other extracurricular activities.
• 2012 ARTs Award Finalist - Product Designer of the Year
• 2012 ARTs Award Finalist - Top Accent Furniture Company
• 2011 ARTs Award Winner - Top Accent Furniture Company
• 2010 INTERIOR DESIGN Best of Year Award Honoree
• 2010 ASFD Pinnacle Award Winner - Top Accessory
• 2010 ARTs Award Winner - Product Designer of the Year (Youngest Recipient)
• 2010 INTERIOR DESIGN Winner - INSPIREDESIGN Design Excellence Award
• 2009 ARTs Award Finalist
• 2008 ARTs Award Winner
• 2008 Pinnacle Award Winner (Youngest Recipient)
• 2008 ADEX Gold Award Winner
• 2007 Future Furniture Award Winner (Interior Design Magazine)
• 2007 High Point Market - Award of Merit – Creativity
• 2007 Scion Design Competition Finalist
• 2007 Pinnacle Award Finalist
• 2007 ARTs Award Finalist
• 2007 A.D.I. Award - Desert Star
• 2007 A.D.I. Award - Material
• 2007 A.D.I. Award - Creativity
• 2006 Pinnacle Award - Accessory
• 2005 Pinnacle Award Finalist
• 2005 Arts Award Finalist
• WITHIT - Women in the Home Furnishings Industry (Board of Governors)
• YHFP - Young Home Furnishings Professionals (Board Member)
• ASFD - American Society of Furniture Designers (Board Member)
• PTP - Piedmont Triad Partnership (Board Member)
• SFC - Sustainable Furnishings Council (Founding Member)
• YLH - Young Leaders in Hospitality
• IDSA - Industrial Designers Society of America
• AHFA - American Home Furnishings Alliance
Product Development, 3D Modeling, Management, Sales, Purchasing, Merchandising
Spanish (fluent); Copywriting; Public Speaking; Typing (100 words/min); Travel*; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat; ACCPAC; Rhinoceros 4.0, Flamingo 2.0; AutoCAD; Maxwell Render; VRay; Windows XP/Vista; Mac OSX 10.5; eBay; Fine Art, including Sculpture, Painting, Photography, Drawing, Drafting, Rendering, Model-Making; Metal-Working; Image Retouching
*Growing up in a family business where we manufacture furniture and decorative accessories overseas has given me the privilege of seeing the world and in doing so, made me a seasoned global traveler. I have been to Southeast Asia dozens of times, visiting Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, The Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan and China. I have also travelled extensively throughout most of Western Europe, the United States, and Mexico. This has given me a great sensitivity and appreciation for foreign affairs, trade, and commerce.