I'm an experienced designer, currently living in Phoenix, AZ. The bulk of my experience has been centered around IT computing systems (servers and data storage). I've also spent significant time developing ID solutions for Networking hardware; including campus, datacenter, and Telco environments.
- 8+ years experience working on cross-functional development teams.
- Worked on 40+ products that have seen production.
- Extensive experience on inbound and outbound OEM programs.
- Knowledge of thermal, acoustic, and EMC concerns within computing and IT hardware.
- Knowledge of IT industry standards, human factors, and ergonomics.
- Extensive experience developing and applying product graphics and branding.
- Proficient in common design mediums for developing ideas in 2D and 3D: Adobe CS5, Corel Draw, Catia V5.
Bachelors of Science, Industrial Design. Arizona State University 1999-2003
2004-Present. IBM Corp., Industrial Designer. Tucson, AZ
- Industrial Designer on the Hardware Experience Design Team within IBM's Systems and Technology Group; collaborating with cross-functional development teams to implement creative product designs that support business and Brand strategy.
- Design lead ('06-Cur) for the entry/mid/enterprise tape storage portfolio.
- Design lead (’08-11) for IBM Systems Networking products; SAN, Ethernet, Fiber switches and routers.
- ID consultant (’05-07) for IBM's National Kiosk Practice, supporting clients such as Sony, Sears, Gap Inc, Fuji, and Virgin.
- Experience working across the entire IBM hardware portfolio; from SMB data storage to Enterprise mainframe server.
- Experience supporting IBM corporate communications; focusing on hardware Branding and Identity.
- Engaged with IBM's Research division on advanced research projects for future computing and data storage concepts.
- Key contributor to the ongoing investigation of advanced ID concepts for future IBM product; researching new technologies, materials, thermal and acoustic solutions, and examining customer data for insights to integrate into new and innovative hardware solutions.
2003-2004. SAFE Inc., Industrial Designer, Consultant. Chandler, Az:
- Worked with the small engineering start-up to visualize exploratory safety concepts for public and defense transportation systems.
AWARDS AND NOTABLES:
- Numerous “iF” International Awards for product design excellence.
- Active mentor of early-tenure IBM designers.
- Lead stage designer for the Jeopardy! IBM Watson Challenge.
- First place for “Best Non-transactional Kiosk Application” at KioskCom, 2006. Client: Virgin Life Care.
- Awarded 12 patents (some pending); primarily focused on usability and serviceability of IT and computing systems.