- + Follow
Experienced Consultant | Product Development | Events Manage...
Professional with 5+ years of combined experience in fashion design, soft home design, product development/management, computer aided design, technical design and processes creation. Relevant experience has been with large brands and startup companies. I am pursuing a MS in Recreation, Sports and Tourism. Currently, I am seeking a position where I can use my creativity, management, organization, research and planning skills.
Kmart Cannon Kids and Cannon Teen bedding
Kmart Cannon Coexist- College
Professional with 5+ years of combined experience in fashion design, soft home design, product development/management, computer aided design, technical design, marketing, and processes creation. Relevant experience has been with large brands and startup companies. I am seeking a position where I can use my creativity, management, organization, research, and planning skills.
● 10 Years of Booking and Band Management ● Assistance in Hosting Multiple Parties / Celebratory Events
● Promotional Materials Design ● Marketing and Incentives Development
● Consultation for Product Creation Planning ● Leadership on Multiple Teams
● Most Improved Awards ● Systems and Processes Monitoring / Calendaring
24 Seven Talent Chicago, IL Oct 2012- Current
Product Development Coordinator - Freelancer
Product development coordinator for Motivational Marketing- Recognition and Promotions. Development of gifts and promotional items that consultants will love to have and enjoy, in turn motivating them to strive for best performance in their roles. Development of processes, forms, and spreadsheets for tracking and organizing. Negotiations and communication with multiple vendors.
Jessica Steffes Design, Development, and Consultation Services IL Aug 2009- Current
Design Consultant and Development
Concept development and consulting for apparel and products. Offer assistance and guidance with overall development and production processes, patternmaking, sourcing, sample making, alterations, technical design, fit consultations, CAD, technical sketches.
• Designed and developed a bridal gown from scratch for client’s wedding.
• Provided guidance for specialty health device development.
Crescendo Apparel LLC Chicago, IL Mar 2011- Apr 2012
Product Manager / Technical Designer
Oversee development processes into production. Foresee and assess development and production issues, ensuring solutions. Assist in developing and structuring product development and production departments. Helped to perfect garment fit for niche market. Offered assistance in every aspect of design and production where needed. Provided guidance and training to interns.
• Developed a technical design department, quality control, and departmental calendaring.
• Communicated with and managed sample sewing, patternmaking, and production sewing contractors.
• Structured and managed departmental tasks and organization.
White House Black Market Chico’s FAS Ft. Myers, FL Dec 2010- Feb 2011
Freelance Textile Designer- Contractor
CAD/ textile print design for development and production. Including: recolors, redesign, repeat design, cleaning artwork, original artwork design, element manipulation, and placement artwork.
Sears Holdings Corporation Hoffman Estates, IL Jun 2008- Sep 2009
Develop, design, and complete soft home products for Sears Holdings brands sold in stores nationwide. Conduct concept/ inspiration research, trend research/ analysis, color analysis, sales analysis, competitor research/ analysis, customer research/ analysis.
• Lead design for Kmart beach 2010 which boasted increased sales of 40% compared to 2009 sales. Multiple styles sold out within one month of launch.
• Partnered with sourcing for successful Design on a Dime programs.
Henry-Lee & Co. 600 West Collection Chicago, IL Sep 2007- Jun 2008
Technical Designer/ Assistant Fabric Buyer/ CAD
Assist in fit, construction, quality, and design features of garments. Communicate with overseas factories via tech packs, sketches, and photographs. Track shipments of samples. Complete production tech packs including grading. Develop fabric programs by communicating with overseas and domestic fabric suppliers. Conduct counter development of fabrics, costing, purchasing, and strike off approvals. Create recolors of prints, comprehensive visual display of fabric groups, and assist in color standard selection.
• Developed a CAD position to increase efficiency and decrease cost when developing fabric stories for collections.
● Adobe Creative Suite ● Microsoft Office ● Team/ Project Management
● U4ia / Gerber / Accumark ● Product Development ● Excellent Communication
● PDM / Apparel Magic ● Ned Graphics ● Budgeting
● Sourcing ● Tutoring / Training ● Design on a Dime
● Social Media Marketing ● Technical Design ● Manufacturing/ Production
● Excellent Organization ● Data Research / Analysis ● Detail Orientated
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
M.S. in Recreation, Sport and Tourism, Completion: February 2014
Courses include: Theories and Concepts of Leisure, Critical Issues in Management, Marketing, Event and Facility Management, Human Resources, Finance and Budgeting, Advanced Leisure Research Methods, Strategic Management
The Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago, IL
BFA Fashion Design, 2007
Graduate with honors 3.7 GPA, Tutor, Moda Fashion Gazette Columnist, F.A.M.E. Fashion show participant
Joliet Junior College, Joliet, IL
Studio Arts, 2002- 2004
Presidents Roll of Honor, JJC Art Student’s Juried Exhibition, Rock Against Racism, Rock Against Hunger
References and Recommendations are available upon request.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Art Institutes International