WOODSTREAM CORPORATION Lititz, PA
Product Manager: 2010 - present
• Research, innovation, and design for wild bird feeders and outdoor decor products.
• Create new concepts for both decorative and functional products in order to maintain leading market share in several categories sold through big box and other retail channels.
COLOR RANGER DESIGN STUDIO Philadelphia, PA
Owner, Creative Director
Industrial, product and graphic design, branding and concept development.
• Clients include Ames True Temper, Real Simple, Macy’s, J-Squared Media, ASPCA.
J-SQUARED MEDIA Philadelphia, PA
Concept Designer, Merchandising: 2009- present
• Designs and develops concepts for virtual home furnishing and decorating collections for social gaming application.
ROOFCROPS Charlotte, NC Creative Consultant: 2009 - 2010
Creative consultant for startup company specializing in urban gardening products.
• Provides direction to CEO on creative, including brand identity, website, marketing strategy, product design, development, and merchandising.
• Designs and develops innovative furniture and accessories.
• Researches offline product for inclusion in assortment.
WEST ELM Brooklyn, NY
Product Designer: 2007 - 2009
Home accessories designer for retail home furnishings industry:
• Managed design development product categories such as vases, sculptural objects, wall art, office storage, botanicals and other home décor.
• Experienced in designing in many materials including wood, ceramic, metal, glass, resin, plastic, natural wovens, and textiles.
• Developed product concepts, ideated through sketching and presented ideas to cross-functional departments including design, merchandising and sourcing.
• Executed technical drawings and specified materials and finishes.
• Chose vendor based on resources of country, factory minimums and expertise, and communicated daily with vendor directly and via agents through entire development process.
• Made critical decisions based on trend analysis, merchandising strategy and cost efficiency.
• Interviewed, trained and managed design freelancers.
JONATHAN ADLER New York, NY
Product Design Intern: 2007
Designed pattern repeats for textile collection, sourced components, and built mock-ups and models for fashion-based home furnishings company.
The TOPPS COMPANY, INC New York, NY
Graphic Designer: 2001 - 2004
Designed collectible trading cards, created templates for production, and implemented and maintained schedule of interdepartmental work flow.
PRATT INSTITUTE Brooklyn, NY
Master of Industrial Design, 2007
Thesis: Products for Indoor Vegetable Gardening
DENMARK DESIGN SCHOOL Copenhagen, Denmark
Furniture Design Program, 2005
SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS New York, NY
Coursework in Interior Design and Puppetry
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY Raleigh, NC
B.S. Technology Education, concentration in Graphic Communications, 1999
Solidworks, Alias, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXPress
(proficient on both Mac and PC platforms)
Model making, Sketching, Writing, Photography, Woodworking, Metalworking
AWARDS AND EXHIBITIONS
URBIS MUSEUM “URBAN GARDENING EXHIBITION" Manchester, UK
“Vege Table” Exhibition, April - September 2008
NY DESIGN WEEK “DESIGN BLOGFEST WINDOW COMPETITION”
sponsored by Apartment Therapy and Mocoloco.com: New York, NY: Winner, Window Exhibition
“Vege Table” Exhibition, May 2007
DESIGN WITHIN REACH New York, NY
Runner-up, Young Designer Award,
“Bean Screen” Exhibition, May - June 2007
BKLYN DESIGNS Brooklyn, NY
“Bean Screen” Exhibition, May 2007
The PRATT SHOW New York, NY
Product Exhibition, May 2007
DENMARK INTERNATIONAL STUDIES DESIGN EXHIBITION Copenhagen, DK
Furniture Exhibition, August 2005