HK studio lead/manager of design
Reporting to the Director of Global Design for Steelcase Asia Pacific, this position leads the overall Asia Pacific design studio in product development, ensuring that the solutions are smart, desirable and viable. This candidate understands that true opportunity exists at the intersection between sociological and technological change. We see design as a way of thinking, as a way of doing, and as a way of collaborating. We find ourselves drawn to the details while still being incredibly interested in and able to see the big picture.
Designing with like minded, environmentally sensitive, diversely creative teammates, this position will be responsible for making our research insights visible in the product expression. We strive to further the conceptualization and development of manufacturable products within marketable designs, which meet both visual and functional expectations.
Working in a collaborative development environment, you will be a part of creating innovative product solutions that help people love how they work. Our multidisciplinary team works to understand emerging workplace needs that are solved through applied user centered design.
We are pursuing creative individuals with diverse interests and experiences to share our passion for exceptional design. Designers that understand where design has come from and are willing to articulate where they think it should be going. People that solve problems with 2D, 3D and full-scale modeling, weigh global impact along with user delight and have a diverse knowledge of materials and their mechanical properties.
If this sounds like you, then maybe you too should be a part of our team. Steelcase, a global provider of work solutions for the future, is seeking a committed leader to join our Global Design Studio in Hong Kong, China.
* Develops and implements product design strategies and plans for all new products. Acts as a member of leadership, setting design direction for Global Design and determining project priorities scope and direction.
* Ensures products designs meet and exceed corporate standards, integrate with current products, meet availability deadlines and offer the highest possible level of innovation, aesthetic appeal and user productivity.
* Works closely with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Model Shop and Design in Asia.
* Evaluates receptivity of Steelcase products within architecture and Interior Design communities.
* Maintains industry contacts, provides program and product presentations.
* Provides sales assistance on large projects. Acts as specialist for integrated selling to clients. Provides clients with product information, design and future potential.
* Encourages entrepreneurial design activities within the studio
* Maintains current product design, managing adjustments as necessary to keep product lines current with corporate, industry and design community changes.
* Evaluates, and may implement outside design proposals for applicability to Steelcase.
* Identifies and initiates contacts with outside design sources, consultants and consulting firms for exchange of ideas and design assistance.
If you are interested in observing the world to learn and better understand work issues, please apply.
We look for individuals that desire to develop themselves and others through working collaboratively in diverse settings, are able to lead by example, and who want to work with others to grow professionally.
must have working visa for Hong Kong to be considered.
How To Apply