Visual Interaction Designer
OpenTable is seeking a Visual Interaction Designer. Are you excited to concept, design and ship mobile and web applications that millions of people use to find, reserve and experience restaurants? You'll help shape the first team of designers at OpenTable, influencing the experience people have eating out across North America and beyond.
Visual Interaction Designers at OpenTable are exceptional visual designers for digital products, care about all the details of user interface design and understand that the behavior of products and services is connected to how they look and feel. They have have a desire to put things in the world that have a meaningful impact on people's lives and thrive in a collaborative environment that values team over titles.
Desired Skills & Experience
Human-centered: Your designs respond to the needs and motivations of real people. You understand human centered design philosophy and are comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
Visual design sensitivity: You can distinguish between “good” and “great” work and can craft beautiful interfaces.
Communication skills: You communicate visually and can express your ideas with skill and grace standing at a whiteboard, drawing on a napkin, or presenting on screen.
Collaboration: Demonstrate a strong collaborative ethos and have the ability to inspire and facilitate collaboration with others.
Prototyping skills: Understand that building proofs of concept and iterating helps you and others explore, fail, and learn quickly. You work at varying levels of fidelity and are always interested in trying new tools and methods.
Driven by impact: You're passionate about designing products and services that ship.
• Exceptional portfolio featuring examples of visual interaction design work. A link to your personal website or web portfolio.
• Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Product Design or related field and proven experience designing for the mobile and web experiences.
• The ability to sketch, storyboard and tell the story of a design from end to end.
• Ability to think about high-level product vision, understand constraints, and contribute to a fantastic user experience.
• Comfort trying new things with a tendency to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission.
• Healthy sense of humor.
OpenTable is a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations and guest management solutions for restaurants. Our products and services are presently used in North America, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan and we work closely with partners including Facebook, Google, and Yelp to shape the social experience of dining out.
We're building a design team to help transform OpenTable's products and services, uncover new opportunities, and develop a culture of design thinking.
How To Apply