Associate Creative Director
We are looking for a dynamic, conceptual, highly creative leader to take the creative reigns of two of our emerging retail business chains, Unleashed by Petco and Pooch Hotel. As the Associate Creative Director you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the brand identity, brand standards, and overall brand experience. You will develop and manage the creative brand guidelines, partner in the strategic and conceptual development of marketing and direct mail campaigns, co-develop the online and social brand experiences with our digital teams, and partner with our visual department on the in-store experience of both retail chains. If you are motivated by constantly solving new creative challenges, the fast pace of the retail business, enjoy launching new products or brands, and relish creating unique customer experiences, then you will be a great fit to lead this team. You will report to the Vice President of Brand Creative, manage a team of up to a half dozen creatives, and focus on building two innovative and fast growing retail brands.
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Normally requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in graphic design or advertising design studies. Requires a minimum of five years’ experience in marketing or advertising in an art design capacity including a minimum of two years in a supervisory, managerial or client management role. An equivalent amount of related experience and education may be substituted for a degree.
This position requires a working knowledge of all MAC hardware and software, plus Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced knowledge of promotion photographic trends and concepts is required to direct brand and campaign photography. Strong oral and written communication skills required in order to present ideas to internal leaders and effectively persuade decisions. Additionally, this position must have advanced skills and abilities in the following:
• Leadership of direct reports
• Direct, persuade, and motivate others combined with the ability to flex operating style as the situation requires, and collaborate or empower as needed.
• Accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty.
• Partner and negotiate effectively with agencies and internal Petco associates
• Understand and communicate with a diverse set of leaders and associates at various levels and within various functional areas
• Simultaneously manage multiple responsibilities with the talent to shift center of focus from one task to another with minimal challenge.
• Experience 5-10 years leading branded creative campaigns and/or experiences across multiple channels/touchpoints
• Experience managing a team of 4-10 people
• Experience launching new products, brands, or companies - with proven creative and business results
• Experience developing and building brand and or product identity
• Experience directly or indirectly related to the retail business preferred
To apply, please visit http://careers.petco.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3517874
Please apply on our website: http://careers.petco.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3517874
How To Apply