Senior CAD Textile Designer- Banana Republic Factory Stores
Under general supervision, assists the Product Development Team in creating prints and wovens by utilizing a CAD system including but not limited to creating repeats, colorways and scale variations of purchased and original artwork. Work is reviewed by director.
• Produces and edits computer generated prints, wovens, and graphics in multiple colorways and sizes for use in development and presentation boards.
• Completes all technical activities for division.
• Develops relationship/partnership with merchant for each area, building a collaborative working relationship.
• Creates and maintains seasonal color palettes.
• Maintains an organized project identification system.
• Responsible for data back-up and computer/file storage to include creating seasonal back-up on another media (e.g., tape/CD).
• May provide occasional guidance to Assistant CAD Textile Designer and/or freelancers as needed.
• Works closely with outside vendors/engineers to address technical issues as they arise.
• Performs departmental maintenance (e.g., daily upkeep of printers which can include paper and fabric printers) as needed.
• Prepares artwork package for production ready standards.
• Keeps abreast of current trends in CAD technologies.
• Works within annual departmental budget constraints.
• Constant interaction with product development team.
• Occasional interaction with outside computer vendors.
• Strong computer skills. Illustrator and PhotoShop required.
• General knowledge of print and textile design.
• Good sense of color application.
• Works well under pressure.
• Basic MAC knowledge required.
• Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Team player with strong organizational and time management skills.
• College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years experience as a Computer Aided Designer.
Please apply directly to our career site.
How To Apply