User Experience Interaction Design Manager
The Symantec Trust Services User Experience team is seeking a passionate, creative and analytical Interaction Design Manager to create the best user experience for our current and next generation products. In this role, you will lead a team of interaction designers to analyze, design, and user test our web-based and mobile enterprise applications. You will use your experience in user-centered design methodologies and leadership skills to deliver innovative, best-in-class solutions that will drive our next generation of products.
- Lead a team of interaction designers responsible for developing the highest quality user interface designs for enterprise and consumer web applications.
- Manage and grow a team of interaction designers, including hiring, and managing the performance and retention of employees. Develop the teams' capabilities and skills through mentoring and training. Create opportunities for growth.
- Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. Work with your team to set and manage schedules and workloads. Determine and communicate the level of effort and possible trade-offs.
- Work with product management and User Experience management to ensure that all designs that are developed meets users’ needs.
- Provide guidance to the designers by defining design standards for web and mobile applications. Ensure standards are adhered to across the design team.
- Establish processes for performing peer reviews, collaborative design, generation of personas, user task analyses, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, etc., and user testing of designs
- Gain a deep and thorough understanding of the products your team is responsible for. Work with the user research team to understand your users and their needs. Establish a methodology that focuses your team on cross-functional collaboration and a user-centered approach.
- 3+ years experience managing interaction designers.
- 5+ years experience as a UI designer.
- BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, or related field.
- Experience managing UI designers across multiple projects.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize issues, and successfully balance speed and quality to ensure the best user experience.
- A mastery of web standards, user-centered design principles, knowledge of the software development process.
- Articulate design concepts and prototypes, with the ability to define your "vision" for the project in a variety of ways - written, visually and verbally.
- Thorough understanding of the limitations and appropriate uses of web and mobile technologies.
- Proven track record in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build a strong and collaborative team.
- Strong team player that can build relationships across functions to effectively mediate and resolve issues.
Please include a portfolio (online preferred) or samples of your work.
How To Apply