Research Fellowship Intern #11991
Provide research support to new product commercialization, market insight, research design and development, and corporate strategy initiatives. Conceptualize, design, conduct and manage research projects exploring customer needs, external trends and business opportunities. Analyze the data from these research projects and report findings. Conduct secondary research and summarize findings. Synthesize user needs, business factors, corporate strategy, research insights, future trends and company branding; and chart paths for ongoing innovation. The primary outcomes demonstrate new knowledge for internal teams and external customers.
• Design, develop and support research projects that are strategically important to Herman Miller.
• Participate in project planning, including the identification and organization of resources, the establishment of project schedules and the development of project budgets.
• Collect and analyze data for various topics in areas such as product design, ergonomics, trends, vertical markets and the competitive landscape, synthesizing results into conclusions/ recommendations/ points-of-view.
• Demonstrate organizational, communications, and interpersonal relationship skills essential to working in a team-based, corporate environment.
• Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
• Must have received Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Research, Technology, Organizational Psychology or Human Factors within the past 12 months.
• Have completed cross-functional, team-based project(s) which included a significant research component.
• Ability to explore broad, undefined problem areas and articulate points-of-view about what really matters to target customers.
• Ability to think conceptually, to draw insights from multiple sources -- research, business, end users, cultural trends - and turn those insights into actionable ideas.
• Ability to communicate detailed research findings to a variety of audiences.
• Strong initiative; ability to work with minimal management direction and make decisions independently.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to make complex information tangible.
• Visual communication skills a plus (i.e. Adobe InDesign)
• Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software and tools currently used in the HMI office environment.
• Ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.