We are seeking a Global Designer to join our organization at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, OH.
This position will be a key member of O-I’s global brand development group and will be responsible for the development and invention of glass packaging concepts and solutions that eliminates consumer irritants and solves brand challenges for the world’s largest and most iconic food and beverage products from around the world.
(All other duties as assigned)
• Develop structural glass packaging concepts from focused design briefs.
• Collaborate with brand strategy, business leaders, regional partners, innovation, technology and engineering teams to conceptualize new possibilities for glass.
• Incorporate technical requirement and manufacturing reality feedback into designs.
• Explore branding, labeling, and decoration options for the primary glass package, packaging components, and secondary packaging.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This position has the responsibility to create innovative consumer-facing glass packaging concepts for global customers and brands.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related field
• 2-5 years of experience working as an industrial designer
• Portfolio of work demonstrating range of design capabilities
• Comfortable working in a Windows based environment
• Strong skills with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design)
• Working knowledge of CAD programs (Pro-E, Alias, Solid Works, or other)
• Comfortable discussing and presenting design concepts (across internal stakeholders and external customers and clients)
• Versatile design sensibility
This position reports to: Director, Global Business Innovation.
Up to 10% travel is required for this position for: training, research, project work, and interaction with the international design teams.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $7.0 billion in 2012, the Company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs approximately 22,500 people at 79 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. O-I’s Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. For more information, visit www.o-i.com or www.glassislife.com.
To Apply Please Copy and Paste the Link Below into a New Browser.
Owens-Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.