Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 16 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our 2.0 million plus subscribers to create nearly 44 million family trees and access the 11 billion records and185 million, scanned documents and written stories to help them make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With more than 1,000 employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
Ancestry.com is on the hunt for an experienced Creative Director to provide leadership to our awareness and acquisition team across multiple channels; television, PR, radio, display advertising, social media and search marketing.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to –
• Direct, inspire and ensure the highest level of art direction, design and copywriting possible.
• Provide daily approvals and direction on creative assignments.
• Partner with internal teams in Marketing, Product and Corporate to articulate strategy, messaging and tactics to ensure success.
• Provide a leading example of attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development.
• Partnering with other Creative Directiors and Project Managers to assign creatives to the best internal and external teams.
• Lead by example in showing creative curiosity in developing web and digital media.
• Ability to bring consistently innovative and fresh ideas to the group, to the delight of your partners.
• Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of creative group policies, objectives, along with short and long term planning.
• Set priorities for your team's efforts, based on highest impact to brand and business results.
Key Skills, Qualifications:
• Ability to manage, inspire and motivate multiple creative teams.
• Ability to make daily decisions and provide direction on creative concepts and executions based on brand appropriateness, target audience relevance and potential for business results.
• Ability to deliver integrated creative across channels (online and offline).
• Ability to contribute to a better creative product and clearly communicate direction to them.
• Excellent knowledge of advertising, web-design, digital marketing tools (Creative Suite) and principles and best practices.
• Knock Your Socks Off presentation skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience leading creative teams in either an agency or a consumer company.
• A portfolio demonstrating consumer brand experience, digital marketing experience and a high level of creative talent in either copywriting, art direction/design.
• Strong advertising and digital marketing is a MUST.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
How To Apply