User Experience Designer
We are looking for a couple of kickass UX designers at different levels who are oozing with curiosity but can still fit their head in the door. You will be creating and supporting solutions for our gamers mostly though our Blizzard.com and Battle.net sites, which are currently in 6 regions and are supported in a ton of different languages. This includes everything from ecommerce, to account sign-up & management, to supporting our games (services, add-ons, game information, etc). This opportunity will favor people who can think globally and have an entrepreneurial spirit. Although we move fast and can crank out things when needed, we believe in quality and prefer to create solid strategies which can happen through A/B testing or a full court press of up-front user research.
• Help team understand what our users are doing and why – web analytics, research, personas, and working with our usability team.
• Define problems and opportunities – analysis of our users combined with our business needs that you’ll form into stories.
• Create stuff to show the solutions – wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices, strategy, designs, constraints, oh my.
• Iterate based on “validated leaning” – more flowcharts, wireframes, designs, and working with research team.
• Deliver and follow though – actually launching your ideas which means working with everyone from kickoff all the way through development and getting sign-off along the way (final wires & flows, specs, use cases, error states, etc).
• Serious passion for user-centered design
• Has conducted in-context observations and interviews
• Has highly detailed wireframes that you can show us
• Plays nice with others - illustrators, graphic designers, developers, producers, quality assurance (QA), and VP’s
• Both a conceptual thinker, and a detailed designer
• Experience creating websites, software applications, interactive spaces, or mobile applications
• Can prototype your ideas – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, HTML, and / or Axure
• Knows the difference between a project goal and a requirement
• Easily adapts and learns new things whether it’s a new prototyping tool, design process, or game
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a UX designer, information architect, visual designer, interaction designer, or similar
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience if interested in a more senior role
• Understands that not everything you do will be a conceptual project
• Laid back, but can unleash the fire in your belly to get things done
• Great attitude and sense of humor
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) a resume, (iii) and url or pdf of your portfolio. Only applicants with all three will be considered
How To Apply