Senior Lead Developer - Visualization, Ops Lab
Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), a division of the California Institute of Technology, is a lead research and development center for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The Laboratory has a wide-ranging charter for solar system exploration, Earth observation, astrophysical research and technology development, and employs approximately 5,000 scientists, engineers and support personnel.
SENIOR LEAD DEVELOPER - VISUALIZATION, OPS LAB
Job I.D. #11246
The OpsLab creates the software that is used to command all JPL spacecraft (like Curiosity rover), ranging from desktop to AR and VR systems.
The Senior Lead Developer will:
• Direct efforts to create software that allows scientists and engineers to move, parse, analyze, interact with, and share discoveries with the massive data NASA instruments and spacecraft generate every day.
• Lead Agile teams to merge alien landscapes with ambiguous sensor data, create new kinds of interactive maps, and to express complex robotic controls in compact visual language.
• Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in gestural, multi-touch, speech, and multi-modal interaction, augmented and virtual reality, information visualization, novel interaction techniques and controllers, robotic tele-operation.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in understanding user needs, turning user needs into operationalizable design opportunities, rapid prototyping and evaluation, interaction design, experience design, experience prototyping.
Enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration. If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team, please apply
on-line at: http://careerlaunch.jpl.nasa.gov/ (Job ID # 11246)
How To Apply