Senior Design Lead, Ops Lab
Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), a division of the California Institute of Technology, is a lead research and development center for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The Laboratory has a wide-ranging charter for solar system exploration, Earth observation, astrophysical research and technology development, and employs approximately 5,000 scientists, engineers and support personnel.
SENIOR DESIGN LEAD, OPS LAB
Job I.D. #11312
The OpsLab creates the software that is used to command all JPL spacecraft (like Curiosity rover), ranging from desktop to AR and VR systems.
The Design Lead will:
• Direct efforts to evaluate and translate user needs into actionable insights.
• Rapidly prototype and evaluate paper and software prototypes, and use simulation and role play when appropriate.
• Define product capabilities, and direct Agile software teams in their implementation.
• Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in: Information Visualization.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in spatio-temporal visualization, natural interaction techniques, big data analytics, and applications of cloud computing resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and methods.
• Complete knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to exploratory data analysis, agile software engineering, enterprise application development, user centered design.
• Extensive knowledge in each of the following areas: Java, C++, C# HTML5, RESTful architecture, web services, data structures, algorithms, statistics.
Enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration. If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team, please apply
on-line at: http://careerlaunch.jpl.nasa.gov/ (Job ID #11312)
How To Apply