The Steelcase Design team is looking for a talented designer who is passionate about furniture, technology and the evolving nature of work. Steelcase Design is a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary studio that is responsible for innovative products across multiple brands and our complete global portfolio.
With studios located in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Strasbourg, France; Rosenheim, Germany and Hong Kong, we are a global studio of designers. Currently we are looking for a designer for our Hong Kong design studio and the applicant must be able to work in Hong Kong.
Our ideal candidate will…
• have a strong portfolio of work, process and problem solving.
• be highly empathetic and have a proven ability to research design problems and express design direction in clear, compelling frameworks.
• work quickly and effectively through concept explorations in order to illustrate the corners/edges of a design problem.
• have an intuitive sense for complex systems balanced with an extreme eye for details.
• define, own and clearly communicate details, while helping cross functional teams understand the relationships between details and overall design intent.
• be a hands on thinker who is as comfortable in the model shop as they are creating 3D models on the tube.
• be constantly feeding their intellectual and visual curiosities.
• understand how to balance being provocative and being pragmatic.
• be very comfortable expressing their point of view.
Must be able to work in Hong Kong, hold a valid work visa, or be a resident of Hong Kong.
All applicants should include resume, sample of work portfolio, and references.
How To Apply