We're looking to expand our leadership team with someone that can help our clients create engaging and effective interfaces that add the "wow" factor to the overall user experience. From fully integrated touch screen interfaces to basic displays to mobile apps, our ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience with strong analytical and visual design skills.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their ability to create elegant, intuitive graphic user interfaces which incorporate best practice UI and human factor design principles.
This position requires skill in all aspects of user experience design, with particular strength in communication architecture, visual design and usability. Experience in traditional industrial design, graphic design, user experience, interaction and user interface design are all components of this position.
Minimum education: Bachelor of Science in human/computer interaction design, human interaction design, user interface design and other design (graphic, industrial) and/or technology-related field (or equivalent job experience).
Preference and priority will be given to those who are specifically degreed in these disciplines.
Candidate must demonstrate (visually and verbally) their experience and proficiency with the creation, development and implementation of:
• Information architecture (flow, navigation, hierarchies, etc.) including the ability to map user requirements to workflows;
• Conceptual Designs (Use wireframes and other techniques to demonstrate the proposed solutions for screen navigation, intuitiveness, and overall Usability);
• Visual design (look and feel, buttons, on-screen graphics, etc.);
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq Mockups, Axure, iRise, and Vision in order to communicate concept effectively and create iterative and fully interactive prototypes;
• UI design for touch screens, desktops, embedded and mobile applications;
• Style guides, information architecture maps and other related design documentation;
• Human factors, user-centered design processes, interaction design guidelines and methodologies, industry standards and trends, usability testing methods and an understanding of what constitutes clean and innovative design;
• Emerging embedded user interface trends, tools, and technologies (i.e. screen and OS specifications, functionality, navigation, swipes, pinches, etc.).
Actual software coding and hardware implementation is not required for this position but knowledge of software development would be a differentiating factor.
This position requires direct client interaction and will be asked to collaborate with the client’s senior engineers/developers, QA, and management to shepherd implementation of designs.
Must demonstrate strong verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience working on interfaces in the medical industry and on medical devices.
Understanding and designing the relationship between the GUI, physical controls and industrial design to enhance the overall user experience with a product.
Call backs will only be given to those who can demonstrate the most comprehensive UI experience as listed in the “must-have” section above. Visual screen shots and other visual examples must be submitted or you will not be considered (i.e.no resumes only, please).
Bally Design is a 41 year old, award-winning product design firm. We offer a diverse creative and collaborative environment and work with several global, Fortune 500 companies. We offer competitive compensation in a low cost of living city, excellent retirement and healthcare benefits (including dental and vision), and free parking.
Human Resources Department
810 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15222
412 621 9009 ex221
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.