To design unique, high-quality POP and display design solutions for existing and future customers primarily utilizing ArtiosCAD.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Develop corrugated display designs.
• Develop detailed specifications to efficiently utilize the company’s manufacturing and fulfillment capabilities
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams resources during research, ideation, evaluation and validation stages of all design solutions Approve cutting dies and generate corresponding mylars for production approval
• Responsible for mock-ups and short production runs; work with Graphic Designers to exchange files and layouts for CAD lines, alter labels and spot label positions in CAD files as required.
• Generate detailed display specifications (including material, production info, label lines, multi-outs, etc.) and validate specifications of fellow Structural Designers for overall accuracy
• Design all forms of POP displays, graphic packaging and industrial packaging.
• Coordinate with Design Assistant to maintain supplies for mock-ups, mylars, samples, etc.
• Interface fully with customers, Account Executives, Customer Service Reps and Project Managers through the design process
• Accompany Account Executives on design-related meetings and presentations as needed.
• Develop distribution and in-store setup instruction sheets for displays and retail packaging.
• Initiate action to prevent problems and contribute solutions, document quality problems, verify implementation of solutions and control further processing when a problem is identified.
• Keep work area clean and well organized. Maintain, organize and update customer records.
• Understand and interpret documents such as packaging design specifications, operating instructions, training and procedure manuals.
• Must work well under pressure with multiple interruptions and be able to meet tight deadlines.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary to support the needs of the business.
• Minimum 7+ years experience in structural packaging design – corrugated or display industries
• Complete mastery of ArtiosCAD software, including parametric designs
• Experience in operating sample table cutting devices (i.e. Kongsberg tables)
• Experience with CAPE design and palletization software
• Ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate the sense of urgency, discipline, accountability, judgment, initiative, and critical thinking skills to positively contribute to the company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving and creativity abilities
• College degree in Structural Design, Package Engineering/Packaging Science or Industrial Design from an accredited institution.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, SolidWorks and Strata 3D is a plus
• Experience in display and/or retail ready packaging design/development.
• Experience with package testing and methodologies (UN, ISTA, etc.)
• Ability to comfortably present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
Must be able to provide access to portfolio.
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Please provide your compensation expectations and relocation requirements.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.