Senior Interaction Designer
Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) is focused on putting video everywhere. We bring together publishers, content providers, and advertisers to deliver the right content to the right device at the right time. Our products are proven in the marketplace -- we have over 1M+ videos running on 1000+ sites -- and we have the financial backing to grow our business to massive scale. Bringing these different customers together naturally creates a network effect where we provide more and more value to each of our customers as our marketplace grows.
We're currently hiring for a talented and motivated Senior Interaction Designer with a knack for elegantly solving complex design and usability challenges for web and mobile. Reporting to the VP of Design, the Senior Interaction Designer will work closely with visual design, front-end engineering, ad operations, sales, product managers and others as needed to conduct user research, testing and optimization of new designs.
• Lead the efforts in the definition of user experience for a video centric desktop, tablet and mobile destination. Success metrics will be focused on increasing viewer watch time, social and site interactions as well as increasing ad revenue.
• Create and develop design artifacts such as annotated mockups, wireframes, html mockups and simple prototypes, to test and improve to user interface elements, interaction and task flows.
• Point of contact and single practitioner for all UX work internally and will perform all activities as well as articulate, delegate and manage the execution of design decisions with internal and external resources.
• Ability to demonstrate solid UX design principals throughout a project's lifecycle with a knowledgeable understanding and concern for how the company makes money.
• Solid experience utilizing responsive design concepts and are able to justify where they are most appropriate in support of project strategy.
• Help establish and operate in an Agile development environment and will be expected to deliver UX feedback on a weekly basis.
• A passionate self-starter with the ability to think outside the box.
• Meet and exceed expectations.
• As a lead, bring a creative and positive mindset by working with our internal and external teams.
• Must understand the importance of user experience and design in developing new products and services.
• Familiarity with user-centric design processes on a practical level, and with your interaction design skills you are able to express new concepts and complex services into easily understandable and realizable form.
• Confident and informed in your opinion regarding design decisions and are able to articulate and defend them to internal stakeholders and conversely are flexible and open minded enough to reimagine decisions, directions and design based on external feedback.
• Experienced designing user experiences around online and mobile video viewing are motivated by a desire to change the way people experience video content on the web and mobile.
• A team player that enjoys a collaborative design process.
• Able to take a leading role on a project and see it through from beginning to end.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, accountable for your own design decisions and able to work independently.
• Able to prioritize and adapt to changing objectives.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience required.
• 3- 5 years of experience in Interaction Design, UI Design, and/or other consumer-facing web design disciplines.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS.
• Must have a thorough understanding of web UX design best practices but discern when it may be appropriate to go against convention and innovate to bring user experiences to the next level.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.