Art Director, Retail Development
• Conceptualize and execute retail design initiatives, as assigned by Senior Art Director.
• Assist in planning/layout of retail spaces.
• Brainstorm with Creative Director, Senior Art Director and Consumer Products Retail Marketing team for best methods to meet goals, deadlines and budgets.
• Meet and partner with Consumer Products Retail Marketing team and provide creative that meets business needs.
• Pro-actively explore designs to support future Retail work.
• Develop Retail Standards and showcase how those values translate to real spaces.
• Art direct and oversee retail and experience designs from agencies.
• Manage the quality control of print ready files
• Review and approve Tracker submissions for web pages, print and in-store signage.
• Push the creative bounds of traditional promotion and establish creative standards that result in building our brand and solidifying our relationship with the consumers.
• Attend business meetings with Consumer Products Retail Marketing Team and provide design expertise.
• Ensure that projects meet their assigned budget and are delivered on time.
• Brainstorm and partner with creative team, including design team, character art team, production and project managers.
• Route design creative and receive feedback from Senior Art Director.
• Meet with Project Manager to discuss project goals, schedules and deadlines.
• Stay current in design trends and new technology.
• Keep abreast of new medias and publications.
• Responsible for researching new design elements including fonts, color palettes, technology and trends.
• Create and maintain retail standards for all Nickelodeon retail
• Partner with peer groups to stay current with Nickelodeon brand/initiatives/programming.
• Excellent creative abilities, design sense and aesthetic judgment.
• Excellent in typography, layout, design, production and use of color.
• Approximately 5+ years of retail design and production experience.
• Must have computer knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Creative thinker and problem solver.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Natural entrepreneurial instinct and ability to succeed in variety of situations and political environments.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
• Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to senior management in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources.
• Strong knowledge of cross team calibration.
• Sound judgment and ability to provide information toward the determination of process and strategy.
• Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism.
• Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making and motivate others, especially during difficult situations.
• Ability to provide inspiration and enhance team communication.
How To Apply