Provide design work for Hard Parts, Helmet, goggles and eyewear line by listening to our core-customers’ needs, utilizing unmatched innovation and service, leading with superior product knowledge, and constantly striving for excellence.
• Design world class new products including helmets and goggles;
• Add to and improve PLUS (Performance, Look, Usefulness and Strength of) Design Briefs through research and ideation process
• Responsible for achieving established timelines, recording progress and updating files in Centric.
• Identify current trends in design, color, material, trims, technical features and technologies of the outdoor, motorsports, athletic and military markets through publication reviews and trades show visits
• Document and share pertinent information from trade show and factory visits to be updated in Centrix after sharing the experience with the team.
• Ownership Design Brief; up to date of any changes throughout the design process
• Responsible for ensuring product achieves the design brief upon completion of style
• Develop 4-10 concept sketches during the ideation process; list pro’s and cons and complete tradeoff analysis;
• Refine sketches and conduct regular design reviews with developers and management in support of associated timelines.
• Create tech packs and revise as necessary, upon approval of pre-production sample, tech packs are to be 100% up to date.
• Review samples from factories to ensure quality and accuracy, assist in fit reviews, and identify cost saving measures throughout the sampling process.
• Work with developer to ensure clear communication is communicated to factories on changes and alterations throughout the sampling process (ex: drawing updates, notes, pictures)
• Coordinate / participate in brainstorming sessions.
• Work with developers to review material options in detail in order to achieve desired functional results and assist developer in completing Bill of Materials.
• Work with developers to coordinate with vendors and suppliers for implementation and refinement of new technologies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Creativity and style. Designers need to be able to draw inspiration from past trends and see new possibilities for future innovations through market research and trend data. The ability to perform under pressure and meet critical deadlines. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of CAD software, technical drawings, and bill of materials structure.
• Experience in Microsoft applications, Solid Works and Rhino.
Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions. Ability to work with a diverse population. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
• Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
• Clearly articulate thoughts through both verbal, visual and written communications
1-How many points completed?
2-The point system on the Employee Appraisal Form.
Point system rating: (scaling 1-5)
3-How well does end product represent Klim Quality & Function?
4-Upon completion of tech pack how successful in interpreting design brief criteria into product specification? Percentage.
5-Execution of timeline and implementation of Centric, updated files, WBS.
6-Confirm tech pack was complete enough to ensure first sample represents concept of brief?
7-Works well in team situation and accepting of assignment for the benefit of the team.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.