Principal Interaction Designer
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, PaaS and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Intuit's CTO organization drives Intuit's technology principals, shared services and assets. CTO leverages the talent and skills of our organization to enable engineering productivity across the enterprise.
Come join Intuit as part of the Central Technology team as a Principal Interaction Designer. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionalize the way Intuit applications are created, putting innovation into hyper-drive across the company.
As an interaction designer on the team, you will turn ideas into amazing designs that delight our customers by solving important customer problems end-to-end, delivering emotional engagement and unexpected wow. You will need to be both self-motivated and able to involve others to resolve ambiguity; to do so you'll have to be creative and team-oriented. You'll need to be able to present clearly, write and document well, and will be required to produce a variety of deliverables from task flow diagrams, story boards, information architecture, wireframes, site maps, and interactive prototypes for audiences ranging from product managers, other designers, developers, architects and top-level executives.
- This individual will work with Product Development, Product Management, and XD teams across the company to deliver Intuit-wide web services that are quick for developers to integrate, and easy for end customers to use.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals. Directly responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from defining customer needs to delivering concepts and prototypes to UI specifications
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity. Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs
- Use judgment to suggest solutions that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Minimum BA/BS degree in product/interaction design, human factors, graphic design or related field
- 8+ years of interaction design experience with SaaS web apps and sites
- Track record of working with high velocity engineering organizations and bringing your design leadership and perspective to bear on both strategic and tactical priorities
- Strong and diverse portfolio demonstrating breadth of experience across web, mobile, rich apps
- Strong communication skills and experience working in collaborative and teamwork environments
- Flexible - experience working with Agile teams
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: http://jobs.intuit.com/. Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be yourself. Be Intuit.
Please include a link to your online portfolio
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.