Design Manager, Central Creative, The Disney Store
This experienced and creative design professional will provide leadership in the design, coordination, and development of the JC Penny product line (all graphical elements and help with packaging direction) . The primary focus of this position will be to oversee and develop the line look across all product categories in partnership with the Hard and Soft line product development teams. It reports into the Senior Manager of Design for Central Creative.
Lead and manage the development of design programs using character artists and outside resources for product lines on a quarterly roll out.
• Working closely with Operations and their clients, provide creative concepting, develop creative ideas and graphical treatments with a focus on character and storytelling. All guided by the overarching store within a store retail strategy, ensuring differentiation from TDS and the larger licensing business.
• Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports the Disney Brand equity.
• Manage the flow of work and appropriate graphics resources to ensure timely and successful project completion.
• Own the overall project, not just the design, effectively support projects and teams, and demonstrate creativity, effective oral and written communication, listening and decision making skills.
• Provide creative team liaison to management on recommendations regarding creative resources, outsourcing, workflow, traffic, processes, methodologies and other opportunities to improve efficiency, quality and profitability
Experience leading a graphic design team preferably in an agency or an agency-like environment servicing multiple external or internal clients.
• 5–7 years of related work experience in design.
• Proven skills and educational training in art direction, typography, layout, composition, color theory, and information design; multimedia/motion graphics design experience a plus
• A rich portfolio of work examples in a variety of medium (printed materials, product development and packaging)
Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to manage all aspects of complex design projects and synthesize direction from many individuals
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and develop creative design within tight deadlines
• Professional client service manner and ability to interact with all levels of management
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, Flash, AfterEffects, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
How To Apply