Senior Visual Designer
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The User Experience Team at Schwab is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Senior Visual Designer
The Senior Visual Designer will work within the User Experience team. This individual will support Schwab's Mobile, Web and Desktop software platforms by developing user-centered design deliverables, as well as managing the work of external design agencies.
Brief Description of Role:
As the Senior Visual Designer you will lead with the passion, talent and experience to create truly innovative web, mobile, tablet and desktop digital experiences. We are looking for a strong visual problem solver with expert design skills and a desire to define the next generation of client experiences for a top-tier financial services firm. This critical role is responsible for designing best-in-class experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and delight our users.
As Senior Visual Designer, you will take a lead design role from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and strategic, creating visual systems and ensuring consistency across platforms. You will work closely with the Senior Manager of Visual Design, to apply and develop the visual standards for Schwab’s digital platforms.
The proven ability to balance multiple projects successfully and collaborate across disciplines is critical in our cross-functional environment. Schwab has a customer-focused culture conducive to great user-centered design work. The design challenges are complex and satisfying, and your designs will launch and reach a large, highly engaged audience. We have a great team and corporate culture. The role is located in San Francisco, or in Austin TX, and offers a competitive salary and good benefits.
• Ability to create multiple visual design concepts from creative briefs or draft requirements. Interpret and translate wireframes into compelling experiences.
• Apply and evolve the existing user interface guidelines on new projects, and continue to build the design language of Schwab.
• Work collaboratively with UX Team, product management, Schwab technology team, external creative agencies and other designers.
• Prepare deliverables for development teams including redlines to ensure flawless on time execution.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive personality
• Stays abreast of innovations in graphic design, technology, and digital trends
• Willingness to collaborate in an Agile development environment
• 4+ years of hands-on experience creating exceptional digital interfaces in an interactive agency or working directly for a nationally recognized consumer brand. Ideally with at least 1 year experience as an art director within an interactive or integrated agency.
• Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision/direction, and presenting/selling creative concepts
• Degree in interactive, visual design, or graphic design (highly desired but not required).
• A gifted eye for design and rigorous attention to details.
• A proven record of delivering innovative solutions on time for demanding and complex visual problems.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and shift gears quickly if requirements change.
• Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team.
• Have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe CS
• Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to clearly and respectfully articulate design strategy and process.
• Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others.
How To Apply