Senior User Experience Designer
The Senior User Experience Designer will work within the Mobile User Experience team. This individual will support Schwab's growing set of Mobile platforms by developing user-centered design deliverables.
The User Experience Team at Schwab is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Brief Description of Role:
Charles Schwab is seeking a full-time Senior User Experience Designer working within in the User Experience team, within the Platform Services group, which is responsible for designing Schwab’s client-facing software platforms. You will be working directly with our internal client partners to develop detailed interaction designs for complex native mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all aspects of the user-centered design process, and an expert in developing detailed wireframes and interaction design documentation. Experience designing for touch-based mobile interfaces is required.
Schwab has a customer-focused culture conducive to great user-centered design work. The design challenges are complex and satisfying, and your designs will launch and reach a large highly engaged audience.
We have a great team and corporate culture. The role is located in San Francisco, or Austin, and offers a competitive salary and good benefits.
• Collaborating in user research and usability efforts. Leading design sessions with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Working with business and technology partners to translate requirements into detailed mobile design solutions.
• Creating user flows, detailed wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design artifacts. Working closely with the Engineering and QA teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented, ensuring design and experience quality through the development process to launch.
• Documenting design standards
• 6+ years of interaction and user interface design experience.
• 1+ year of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces.
• Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
• Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative, Agile methodology.
• Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial autonomy, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing their own project schedule.
• Experience leading design sessions with cross-functional teams
How To Apply