Senior Industrial Designer
Radio Flyer is one of Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies, was named one of the Top Workplaces by the Wall Street Journal, continues to be named as one of the Top Places to Work in Illinois and has been recognized nationally. Radio Flyer is committed to bringing smiles to kids of all ages and creating warm memories that last a lifetime! We are a dynamic, growing company and one the world’s most loved Children’s brand!
Senior Industrial Designer
*Important - All resume submissions must be accompanied by sample porfolios in PDF format or include links to online portfolios in order to be considered for this position.
Radio Flyer is seeking an outstanding Senior Designer with 5 to 10 years of experience in toy and/or consumer product design. This person will play a key design role within the New Product Development team. This designer should have a proven track record of creating innovative concepts and developing them into successful new products. Rapid idea/concept generation skills are necessary. This designer should also possess excellent 2D sketching and visualization skills both on paper and digitally (using Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, or similar) in addition to having outstanding presentation skills. This individual should be proficient at 3D CAD form development in SolidWorks, Rhino 3D, or both. The best candidates will have a strong understanding of manufacturing materials, processes, safety requirements, & product costing. A positive attitude, sense of humor, and openness to give and receive constructive feedback are a must.
Specific Job Responsibilities are:
• Participating in research for New Product Development & Advanced Concepts projects to identify key insights that lead to product innovation.
• Leading concept generation of new Radio Flyer products across all catagories
• Presenting product concepts and features to PD, Sales, Marketing, and Executive teams
• Managing external design resources as necessary to meet project needs
• Directing prototype development with our Model Shop Team
• Supporting project timelines to meet all major milestones
• Working closely with engineers to design products that meet target costs
• Mentor other Industrial Designers on our team & potentially supervise an Industrial Design Intern
Job Requirements consist of:
• BA/BS or BFA in Industrial Design
• Minimum 5 years designing toys and/or consumer products
• Experience in translating user needs and research insights into product features
• Advanced sketching and rendering skills
• Passion for developing children's products
• 3D Solid modeling experience (Solidworks and/or Rhino preferred)
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
S/he will know how to balance multiple priorities and work toward big picture objectives without losing sight of important details. Organization, planning, execution, and follow-up skills are essential.
The right person will be willing and able to do whatever it takes to get the job done. This position is ideally suited to an individual who is able to balance creativity with good analytical skills and stay focused on results – someone who enjoys problem solving, loves challenges, and is committed to continuous improvement. Warmth, honesty, integrity, and humor are also important characteristics.
Radio Flyer is looking for people who live our values and who support our vision and mission. We want people on our team who can passionately live by the Little Red Rule, “Every time we touch people’s lives they will feel great about Radio Flyer”!
Above all, the individual must be an effective problem solver who is committed to our values of:
• FUNominal Customer Experiences
• Live with Integrity
• Yes I Can!
• Excellence in Everything
• Responsible for Sustainability
If you are interested in applying for this position please do so at www.radioflyer.com.
All resume submissions must be accompanied by sample porfolios in PDF format or include links to online portfolios in order to be considered for this position.
Radio Flyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply