Junior Designer (Print + package)
Designer, Print + Packaging
Pacific Trade International
Job Level: Junior or Mid-level: Full-Time + Freelance
Field: Graphic Designer – Packaging
Job Functions: Graphic Design, Packaging, Product Development, Illustration, Marketing
Do you have a passion for trends, fashion and home décor and experience in packaging design, graphic design and consumer goods?
Pacific Trade International, Inc. is the home of Chesapeake Bay Candle, the leading candle and home fragrance brand that brings scent, style and ambience to every environment. Named by Inc Magazine as one of America’s fastest growing companies, we are searching for both full-time and freelance designers with the ability to create innovative and stylish design solutions.
At Chesapeake Bay Candle, we believe in idea driven design. We create product and packaging built on insight and telling our compelling brand story. We seek like-minded designers who can do this both visually and verbally and bring talent, energy and high impact.
• Interpret the latest fragrance, fashion, beauty and home décor trends appropriately for our brand to demonstrate our company’s positioning as a thought leader
• Design, develop and execute innovative product and packaging from concept through completion
• Design and develop related artwork, surface illustrations, packaging and labels
• Design and prepare marketing and sales materials including trend boards, sample mock-ups, product catalogues, retail plan-o-grams and schematics
• Develop technical drawings for new products, packaging construction, etc. as needed
• Coordinate with team in home office, overseas offices and factories on all aspects of development from ideation to sampling to production
Skills & Abilities:
• Must have a strong ability to present and verbalize ideas within our team and with clients
• Inherently curious and openminded in nature, seeking to look beyond the obvious solutions
• Actively engages with the design community and is tuned into culture and design aesthetics
• Creative with an eye for shape, print and color?
• Excellent design craftsmanship
• Thorough knowledge of print and production processes
• Strong attention to details, layout and typography
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects and deadlines at once?
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or similar field
• Graphic design with advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop; In-Design a plus
• Experience designing for the web, with knowledge of Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver a plus
• Passion for consumer goods and trends; experience in fragrance, beauty, food, beverage, fashion or home preferred
• Agile and thrives in collaborative, fast-paced, high volume, team-based environment
**Please submit a resume, 3-4 samples of your work and a link to a online portfolio (if available)
**No application will be considered without a portfolio of work.
How To Apply