The Environmental Designer oversees the development of environmental design and materials. Must be responsible for creating and executing environmental concepts based on established requirements. Designs may integrate environmental sketches, floor plans, elevations and 3-Dimensional renderings. Within the studio, the art director works with Design Directors, Project Directors and Graphic designers to develop concepts for clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the environmental or industrial design, layout and formatting of materials.
• Provides direction for freelancers, interns environmental designers and graphic designers on projects.
• Creates innovative environmental and spatial solutions
• Responsible for preparing various presentations materials.
• Must work closely and collaboratively with design team to strategically implement strong environmental concepts.
• Must have strong verbal, written and analytical skills for effectively presenting to clients.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college, University or design school in Environmental or Industrial Design, Engineering or Architecture
Experience: 3-7 years experience preferred.
Special Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS6, Google Sketchup, 3D Studio Max (or other rendering applications) and other related based computer design programs. Prior retail design or point-of-purchase experience preferred. MUST have professional level sketching skills.
• Resume and cover letter
• Representative portfolio samples in PDF format or access to website with portfolio of current work
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.