PMI is seeking an industrial designer for a six-month contract position within our Industrial Design group. PMI is a fast-paced environment that works creatively and collaboratively. Not only are we privately owned and high energy, but we operate internationally and are growing fast.
You will be designing products for our brands, Stanley and Aladdin, as well as a number of specialty brands. Collaborating with internal clients and functional groups, you will be responsible for driving your own projects from conceptualization through final design.
In addition to strong sketching and visualization skills including a capacity for form development, your portfolio shows that you can provide creative, well considered solutions to design problems. You approach challenges as opportunities. You are able to drive and manage multiple projects while maintaining your own project schedules. You enjoy working within a fun and exciting environment.
We are Pacific Market International (PMI) – recognized as one of the Best Places To Work in Seattle by Seattle Met Magazine and as a Great Place to Work by Outdoor Magazine!
We strongly encourage you to read more about the company – it is an amazing place to work! (http://www.pmi-worldwide.com). What do we do? We are committed to providing consumers with simple, stylish portable food and beverage containers that are built with a focus on community and sustainability. Our brands include Stanley and Aladdin. Here is where you can read more about the awards we’ve won recently:
Seattle Met Magazine - http://www.seattlemet.com/issues/archives/articles/best-companies-to-work-for-in-seattle-may-2011/4/
Outside Magazine - http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/best-jobs/36-Pacific-Market-International.html
We are in downtown Seattle near the Pike Place Market, with beautiful views of Elliott Bay from our office windows. We recently built a beautiful outdoor patio that is a great spot to enjoy lunch or have an outdoor meeting – how great is that?
• Work with cross-functional teams; distill the output into strategically aligned designs.
• Translate design principles for multiple brands across multiple formats into compelling, creative and brand appropriate product solutions.
• Determine materials, construction method, mechanisms, shape, color, finish and manufacturing processes of product appropriate to meeting end-user needs and with respect to requirements and goals of business, manufacturing, and related product development functions
• Be able to manage multiple multifaceted projects at once, and the timelines for those projects
• Work well with others in a highly collaborative cross functional environment
• Communicate clearly and comprehensively regarding how your designs respond to the strategic intent of a project and support the brand
• Proficient in one or more of the following CAD/CAID programs (in order of preference): Solidworks, Rhino, Alias, Cobalt
• Organized, with attention to high levels of detail
• Able to execute projects in an efficient, collaborative and time sensitive manner
• Able to think strategically and communicate in a considered way.
• A stellar communicator with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to take proactive initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• 4-year Degree in Industrial Design
• 3+ years’ experience working as a consumer product designer (hard goods preferred)
Please start the journey by sending your resume to PMI at:
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.