Senior Mechanical Engineer
MANTA Product Development, located in Cambridge, MA, is an award winning product design consulting firm specializing in the design and development of medical, robotic, high tech, consumer and sports products. MANTA is a fun, creative environment with an entrepreneurial spirit that is committed to exceptional client service and design solutions.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for managing and actively participating in all aspects of engineering product development programs. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned engineer with strong technical skills and experience managing the development of electro-mechanical products from concept through production. He or she must have the ability to think creatively and analytically to develop exceptional design solutions, and the mechanical skills to design at the detail level using CAD tools. The candidate should have project management skills that enable them to lead project teams, and proactively manage project resources, budgets and schedules.
Major focus of activities will be:
• Lead and be a key active participant in product development projects and teams
• Managing engineering projects with accountability for deliverable quality, schedules and budgets.
• Perform engineering analysis, testing and 3D CAD design activities
• Interface with clients, vendors and consultants
• Coordinate and personally execute mechanical design activities using ProEngineer and Solidworks CAD systems
• Prepare and proactively manage project budgets
• Adhere to disciplined design process using design controls, FMEA, rapid prototyping and design reviews.
• Support sales and marketing activities, including client presentations and
Qualified candidates will have strong technical and analytical skills, experience with all major production processes, experience in successfully executing electro-mechanical design projects from conception to full-scale production, excellent communication and leadership skills, a personal commitment to quality, customer service and creative design solutions, and a proven track record of successful product development projects.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.