Brand Design Planner
On our marketing communications team, you’ll be a part of a larger GCOM (General Mills Communications) team and help give our organization a broad-based communication understanding while helping to deliver world-class marketing campaigns. You’ll work with a collection of experts that few companies can match. And every day, we work together to deliver integrated campaigns that connect with customers at many levels.
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a Brand Design Planner to join a team that provides strategic design management excellence to consumer product development, visual brand identity, and consumer touch point interactions for General Mills brands worldwide. We champion Design as the consumer link to brands, enrolling key contributors/influencers in process to drive the business and competitive advantage.
Design Planners are responsible for implementing design initiatives for assigned brands within a Business Unit. Individuals in these roles provide proactive design project management, collaborate with Graphic Supply Chain peers and best practices, and contribute to design vision and strategy development.
• Initiating and implementing design plans
• Articulates Brand Design perspective, implements and executes Level 1 design programs for assigned brands
• Understands internal and external design expenditures; identifies productivity opportunities
• Supports business priorities at the division level
• Leads design evaluation discussions with cross-functional project teams
• Builds consensus for appropriate design solutions; able to articulate Brand Design point of view to division management
• Provides guidance in market research activities relating to effective design programs
• Collaborates and partners with cross-functional teams and external design partners assigned to brands
Project financial administration
• Responsible for tracking all components of a design estimate (e.g. design firm, photo, pre-press etc.)
• Effectively utilize and communicate with functional department resources including Photography and Graphic Supply Chain/Prepress
• Participate on divisional Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) teams (as necessary)
• Additional Duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Preferred degree types include: BS/BA/BFA/MS/MA in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in consumer goods package design; Portfolio(s) that demonstrates design expertise (strategy and execution)
• Strong collaboration/interdependence skills (both within the design team as well as other internal and external partners)
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and concisely across regional, functional, and cultural boundaries
• Project Management skills - the candidate must demonstrate ability to successfully manage projects end-to-end
To apply online, please visit our website, create a profile, and apply directly to the role:
How To Apply