Bag and Case Designer
LOOPTWORKS is an innovative, disruptive, passionate Upcycling company that creates its products for the urban/outdoor lifestyle. Our ethos is framed by one simple concept; Use only what already exist. It is the most environmentally responsible way to create best in class products that are visually stunning, functionally superior and conserve water and fresh air.
LOOPTWORKS is looking for an extraordinary designer that not only has an excellent sense of style, construction, form and function, but also has the ability to blend a variety of materials to create an amazing confluence of design that others simply did not see.
You are passionate about design and the environment. Reducing waste while conserving water and fresh air drives your creativity and is evident in the way you live your life. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You thrive well in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You have the courage to rise above the status quo. Collaboration and decision making are a must to bring speed to market with the products we create. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to delivery.
• Further design the brands DNA and product initiatives into accessories that are encapsulate function, aesthetic, and simplicity of design
• Work closely with product management and sales ensuring required product types meet the expectation of the brand and the end customer
• Draw inspiration from within and as well as the market, without discounting the notion and the ability to communicate design in your own personal way
• Present design ideas explaining the why versus the what. There needs to be an explanation as to why the product looks and performs the way its designed
• Being able to identify and combine multiple materials, textures and colors to create amazing styles
• Create innovative patterns and construction that can be flawlessly executed.
• Travel to foreign lands and drive the product creation process and achieve calendar, delivery and product goals.
• This is full time position. There is no re-location package with the position.
• A degree in Soft Goods, Apparel or Industrial Design.
• At least 3 years practical experience in either industrial and or accessory product design with a proven record of commercializing truly spectacular product.
• You are a master in the Adobe Suite programs. InDesign and/or 3-D design software is a plus.
• Equally important is the ability to create a clear and concise development package with a bill of materials, technical drawings and pattern direction.
• Daft pattern making and construction knowledge.
• Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and be an effective team player.
• You evaluate, create and make decisions with extreme speed. Ability to create compelling products for multiple soft goods categories including bags, cases, sleeves. • • Apparel design a plus. You can create, replicate and educate on a distinctive, timeless product design language.
Send us your resume and digital portfolio. Write the word Designer in the subject headline.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.